Global Creative Director
Company: Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Deckers Brands is committed to helping our people become their
best selves. We're about opportunity. Opportunity to create, to
grow and to have an impact. We are a global leader in designing,
marketing and distributing innovative footwear, apparel and
accessories developed for both everyday casual lifestyle use and
high performance activities. The Company's portfolio of brands
includes UGG, Koolaburra, HOKA ONE ONE, Teva and Sanuk.
HOKA exists to ignite bold change and propel people forward. Our
mission is to deliver the best product, defy convention, innovate
fearlessly, operate thoughtfully and inspire people to move.
The HOKA Creative team is an in-house studio providing design,
copywriting, photography, videography, motion graphics, and
stewardship of the visual identity for HOKA. The Global Creative
Director - HOKA, is a seasoned creative problem solver who is
innovative and passionate about creating great work - smart, clever
and beautiful - that will shape and define the HOKA brand
worldwide. You will possess a sharp creative eye, be a strong
creative thinker and a personable leader that can develop a
full-service inhouse creative team capable of delivering
excellence. You will lead a team of multidisciplinary designers,
copywriters, producers and operational team members to deliver
creative that elevates the brand and inspires consumers across all
HOKA touchpoints. With a strategic orientation, you will deliver a
clear, holistic creative vision that is in on strategy, on brand
and drives results. The role reports to the VP of Global Brand
Marketing and will be a valued collaborator with Marketing,
Merchandising, eComm and Omni Marketing teams.
As a hands on creative, individually and through the broader
team, you will:
- Lead the HOKA Creative team in the concepting, design,
production and deployment of all creative content utilized across
all marketing channels -print, digital, social, brand events,
retail, packaging and on product branding. Inspire teams to find
opportunity in creative briefs and explore approaches through mood,
concept and story boards before work begins.
- Establish the vision for photography of seasonal campaigns and
all product photography - location and studio. Direct internal and
external team members to execute in line with the brand creative
vision. Direct photoshoots and develop team members in the
principles of photo art direction, composition, lighting and all
phases of the post production process (retoucing and color
- Develop brand standards that include logo, brand colors,
photography and motion direction and other elements that influence
the visual identity and brand voice for HOKA. Provide guidance to
internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance. Ensure
that brand guidelines and campaign guidelines are updated
- Assist international teams (creative and marketing) in the
concepting and production of locally developed creative to ensure
that it is on brand, on strategy and in keeping with overall
aesthetic and production quality of the brand.
- Provide digital-first creative leadership and asset packages to
Deckers eComm and Omni Channel Marketing teams to ensure best in
class creative expression across HOKA.com and all DTC marketing
- Deliver the HOKA DTC Brand Catalog program in support of HOKA
footwear and apparel head to toe stories. Ensure that the photo
captures, headlines and editorial stories for this program are
leveraged across all marketing channels to eliminate redundancy in
asset capture and to create an integrated GTM approach.
- Partner with the Omni Retail team to establish a brand esthetic
and approach to messaging for the HOKA brand as it begins its
journey into mono-branded retail across the regions.
- Create trade marketing materials in support of US Wholesale
accounts as well as seasonal dealer catalogs and selling
- Acting as a player/coach, inspire and motivate the team by
creating a culture that values diversity of thinking, creative
exploration and risk taking. Develop a mindset for continuous
learning and offer opportunities to grow.
Who you are
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator
and Photoshop) and presentation software (Keynote, Powerpoint) and
competent in MS Office applications. Familiarity with project and
asset management tools a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can be
adapted for audiences across regions and at all levels of the
- Instill and reinforce the highest standards for collaboration
and teamwork within HOKA brand marketing team and across the
Deckers' brand portfolio,. Identify synergies, foster idea sharing,
and establish common goals for creative excellence and continuous
- Develop, motivate and retain high potential talent via clear
goals, coaching and identifying stretch opportunities.
- Foster an environment of inclusion and belonging where all
employees feel valued, where differences are embraced, and everyone
feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Champion best practices to improve representation and diversity at
- Ability to anticipate project workload demands and scale
resources by hiring freelancers as needed
- Ability to succeed in a matrix organization through influence,
partnership and respect for shared and differing objectives.
- Highly motivated self starter and team player that likes to
- Exhibits a high level of personal integrity, empathy and
respect for others.
We'd love to hear from people with
- 16+ years experience in design and creative direction,
including managing the photography art direction and cross channel
expression for leading consumer brands
- Experience at the most senior creative leadership level in an
in-house creative team or agency
- 10+ years practical experience leading a team of
multidisciplinary creatives at varying levels of experience
- Practical experience leading a team of multidisciplinary
creatives at varying levels of experience
- BA Graphic Design or relevant related field, or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Footwear and apparel industry helpful, but not required
What We'll Give You
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We've created a variety of
competitive compensation programs to foster career development,
reward success and to show our employees just how much they're
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial
goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our
plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and
invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with
family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans
support our employees' needs to get out, get healthy and come back
stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the
Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous
discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea
of pursuing passion. That's why we offer extensive opportunities
and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There's nothing basic about our
comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at
work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors
prohibited by law.
Keywords: Deckers Outdoor Corporation, Santa Barbara , Global Creative Director, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!