Floral Department Head
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Company Name: Ralphs
Position Type: Employee
Create outstanding customer experiences through exceptional
service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment
that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit
goals established for the department, and monitor and control all
established quality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all
functions, duties and activities for the Floral Department. Support
the day-to-day functions of department operations. Embrace the
Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent
customer service. Demonstrate the Company's core values of respect,
honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information
- Collaborate with associates and empower them to meet or exceed
performance targets using teamwork.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume
throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on job performance including
inventory, stocking, customer service, CAO and participate in their
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products
sold within the department and throughout the store and make
- Prepare corsages, flower arrangements, balloons, and set-up
displays and fixtures.
- Inspect and maintain plants by watering, trimming, cleaning and
other care as required.
- Identify all varieties of foliage, blooms and fresh cut
- Cut flowers and foliage to customer's requests using proper
- Review/inspect products for quality and freshness and take
appropriate action with those items.
- Inform and recommend floral specials to customers and provide
them with fresh products that they have ordered in the correct
portion size/amount (or as close as possible to the amount ordered)
to prevent shrink.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve
- Stay current and inform department associates about present,
future, seasonal and special ads and refer to floral intranet and
Daily Merchandising Letter for updated information.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department and take
appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule for price change activity including shelf tags and
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained
and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures
and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting
equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any
items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks, issues, employee or customer accidents
and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Management experience preferred
- Floral experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Ralphs: At Ralphs, our people make us who we are. They
are more than just our associates, they're part of the communities
we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every
area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and
friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you
want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our
headquarters in Los Angeles, Ralphs is always looking for
outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and
excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on
mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in
building and advancing your career with Ralphs, we invite you to
complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half
a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily
through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner
names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated
to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to
creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The
Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages,
flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA || Goleta || 5170 Hollister Ave || 93111 ||
Ralphs || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations ||
Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Keywords: Kroger, Santa Barbara , Floral Department Head, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!