Assistant Manager, Hospitality
Company: LAZ Parking
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 31, 2021
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking
companies in the country. We often say, "parking is our industry,
but people are our passion". Our mission is to "create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients." When it
comes to parking, we're the experts!
The LAZ Hospitality silo is a unique team within LAZ Parking
dedicated to growth through operational and financial excellence.
The Hospitality team specializes in Hotel Partnerships across the
country and excels at developing relationships through training,
human connection, and career development for our employees and
The Spirit of the Position:
The Assistant Hospitality Manager supports The Hospitality
Manager with complete oversight of the financial, operational,
safety and service-related success at their hotel.
Principal Job Duties:
- Responsible for the financial, operational, safety and
service-related success at their hotel.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the
activities of Shift Leads and frontline staff.
- Ensure that increased revenue, controlled expenses, and
customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level
of safety & service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned
with the expectations of our various clients.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Attend daily stand up meetings and resume meetings scheduled by
client either personally or managed through Supervisors and Shift
- Ensure LAZ internal stand up meetings (Pre-Shifts or "Huddles")
are held each shift either personally or managed through
Supervisors / Shift Leads.
- Assist with the management and development of the Hotel team to
accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying
and using LAZ Parking's culture as a guideline.
- Identify high potential employees to support the organization's
continued growth, both within your region and outside.
- Actively participate in the recruiting and onboarding process
for prospective employees.
- Ensure all safety initiatives from the National Safety &
Training Manager, Hospitality are rolled out to new and existing
- Any and all safety concerns are reported to the Hospitality
Manager for review and suggestions on how to improve safety at your
- Drive service results and establish goals by monitoring and
responding to results from LAZ Service Shopper Reports and hotel
internal service metrics.
- Responsible for cultivating client relationships and business
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and
initiatives that may arise from assigned hotel(s).
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are
outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and
- Responsible for claims and safety related training, prevention
initiatives, and claims processing including claims investigation,
client and guest follow-up, and compliant reporting.
- Responsible for overall financial success including audit
compliance and ensuring the operation follows audit protocol.
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign off on hours
in timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department to
ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources
Business Partner to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring LHIST data is entered daily and
- Responsible for financial management of assigned location
ensuring adherence to budget and revenue enhancements as it relates
to staffing, scheduling and operational expenses.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and annual financial and operational
reports as required.
- Assist with the monitoring, review, and analysis of the market
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience desired.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry (Parking,
Restaurants, Hotels, etc) is preferred.
- Previous supervisory or management experience is
- Valid driver's license required.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment with
high customer expectations.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea
sharing and creative problem solving.
- Capable of handling employee conflict, following grievance
procedures, mediating and conflict resolution.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching
conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges
(Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain,
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt, Non-Tipped
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our
employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to
provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons,
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently
separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our
application process is used for the process of limiting or
excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Santa Barbara , Assistant Manager, Hospitality, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!