Shift Lead, Hospitality
Company: LAZ Parking
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 31, 2021
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking
companies in the country. We often say, "parking is our industry,
but people are our passion". Our mission is to "create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients." When it
comes to parking, we're the experts!
The LAZ Hospitality silo is a unique team within LAZ Parking
dedicated to growth through operational and financial excellence.
The Hospitality team specializes in Hotel Partnerships across the
country and excels at developing relationships through training,
human connection, and career development for our employees and
The Spirit of the Position:
The Shift Lead, Hospitality oversees operations in the absence
of location management while ensuring that increased revenue,
managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by
maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives
that are aligned with the expectations of our client.
Principal Job Duties:
- Support location management with the financial, operational,
safety and service-related success at their hotel.
- Attend daily stand up meetings and resume meetings scheduled by
- Ensure LAZ internal stand up meetings (Pre-Shifts or "Huddles")
are held each shift.
- Ensures staff adheres to rules of conduct, policies and
- Embrace, resolve, and see through to resolution any customer
service or client concerns.
- Communicates any challenges to Location Management to
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Assist with the management and development of the Hotel team to
accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying
and using LAZ Parking's culture as a guideline.
- Identify high potential employees to support the organization's
continued growth, both within your region and outside.
- Ensure all safety initiatives from the National Safety &
Training Manager, Hospitality are rolled out to new and existing
- Any and all safety concerns are reported to the Hospitality
Manager/Assistant Hospitality Managers for review and suggestions
on how to improve safety at your hotel.
- Supervises, mentors, and trains staff on day-to-day activities
in the absence of management.
- Assists in establishing performance standards, recommending,
and implementing changes to procedures when necessary.
- Drive service results and establish goals by monitoring and
responding to results from LAZ Service Shopper Reports and hotel
internal service metrics.
- Responsible for cultivating client relationships and business
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and
initiatives that may arise from assigned hotel(s).
- Responsible for claims and safety related training and
- Responsible for overall financial success during their
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and annual financial and operational
reports as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission.
- Ability to produce and maintain an acceptable driving record
and unrestricted drivers' license.
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain,
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Tipped
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our
employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to
provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons,
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently
separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our
application process is used for the process of limiting or
excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Santa Barbara , Shift Lead, Hospitality, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!