Minimum Data Set Coordinator (MDS)
Job Type: Full Time
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities
that comes with being a member of our culture? Explore more about
this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our
story of providing exceptional care and making a positive impact in
the lives of everyone we serve.
Our company mission is to dignify Long Term Care in the eyes of
the world. Our facilitys success is dependent upon our highly
motivated clinical professionals working to improve business
operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional
service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding
our companys mission of delivering care with compassion and
integrity. We value innovation and creativity in our buildings and
love a healthy debate that challenges us to learn and grow.
Our Values: C.A.P.L.I.C.O.
Customer Second, Employee First
Passion for Learning
Love one Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
Purpose of Your Job Position
Primary purpose of this position is to conduct and coordinate
the development and completion of the Resident Assessment
Instrument (RAI), that is, the Minimum Data Set (MDS), Care Are
Assessments (CAAs) and Care Plan in accordance with State and
Federal requirements. The MDS Nurse participates as part of the
facility Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the systems and processes
to manage patients receiving skilled services as assigned. Performs
other nursing duties as assigned.
1. Coordinates the interdisciplinary team in timely completion
of the assessments.
2. Utilizes MDS Scheduler to plan and set MDS Assessment
Reference Dates (ARDs).
3. Communicates ARD selection for specific MDSs to IDT.
4. Completes the MDS sections as assigned.
5. Completes CAAs as required.
6. Completes Care Plan items and attends Care Plan meetings as
7. Monitors overall the documentation in the medical record to
validate that it supports MDS coding.
8. Participates in skilled utilization and State Case Mix
management as assigned.
9. Provides teaching and training for MDS item completion to
interdisciplinary team members that have responsibility for MDS
10. Provides teaching and mentoring of CNA staff along with
Director of Nurses and Staff Development related to completion of
the Nursing ADL documentation.
Performs nursing duties as assigned.
Education Requirements LVN, LPN, or RN
At least two years experience working in a long term care
Experiencing with RAI process and MDS certification
401 (k) Plan and Matching
Vacation Time, Holiday Pay and Sick Time
Channel Islands Post-Acute
3880 Via Lucero #1605
Santa Barbara, CA 93110