Guest Experience Ambassador Extended Hours
Company: Santa Barbara Zoo
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Does helping others make your day? Do you like the
outdoors and working with children and their families? Do you feel
comfortable and excited engaging in conversations with guests? Are
you interested in helping our conservation efforts? If yes, we
invite you to contact us!
This is a great opportunity for first time job
seekers-and anyone energized by providing excellent customer
Under general direction of the Manager of Guest Experience, the
Guest Experience Ambassador facilitates a positive guest experience
by providing excellent service to all those visiting the Santa
Hours: Generally between 2:30 and 6:30 PM
Essential Duties include:
- Greets every Guest within 10 feet with a warm smile, and every
guest within 5 feet with a friendly hello.
- Answer phone calls promptly and professionally.
- Promotes the sale of memberships and processes the
- Performs duties of ticket sales and customer service at
Admissions and Parking
- Performs guest safety for train by closing gates and blocking
- Performs sanitation duties to protect from COVID-19.
- Responds to all guest inquiries, comments and criticisms in a
timely manner, in accordance with the guest relations
- Associates with guests to share information, identify their
needs, and make their experience a more personal one, providing a
high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Performs opening and closing procedures and assures that all
necessary tasks are completed.
- Ensures the Zoos presentation standards for cleanliness and
maintenance are met by keeping work area clean, picking up trash
while out in Zoo, and reporting unsafe or unsightly
- Follows cash handling and point of sale procedures as outlined
in the Employee Policy Manual.
- Adheres to the Zoos policies and procedures as outlined in the
Employee Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Understanding/Handling Emergency Situations:
- Responds to emergencies quickly and follows emergency
- Remains calm and creates an atmosphere of calm and control for
those dealing with the emergency situation.
Requirements: Applicants must be minimum 16
years of age (Work permit required for 17 and under, unless
graduated from high school). Outgoing personality with positive
attitude required. Prior Customer Service and Cash Handling
experience a must! Applicant must be able to stand/walk for up to
two continuous hours and access all areas of the facility.
Must be able to work weekends, holidays, school breaks, and some
evenings when events or trainings are scheduled.
Schedule: Up to a max. of 25 hours per work
Keywords: Santa Barbara Zoo, Santa Barbara , Guest Experience Ambassador Extended Hours, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!