Call Center Representative
Company: Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Under the supervision of the Call Representative Lead (who
assists the Director of Clinic Operations with the Call Center),
the Call Center Representative is responsible for confirming and
scheduling appointments for all SBNC medical clinics and to
increase community awareness and participation in programs and
services offered by SBNC through spreading information and
assisting participants with appointments and overcoming any
obstacles to access to care. The Call Center Representative
supports patient-centered medical care as a part of the care team
by providing excellent customer service and working collaboratively
with clinic staff to appropriately schedule patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains exemplary customer service skills with patients,
vendors and co-workers.
- Be familiar with all clinical and educational programs and
services offered by SBNC and other health providers.
- Provide Call Representative Lead with daily confirmation
- Checks email upon arrival every morning and throughout the day
to keep himself/herself informed of day to day functions and
important communications with administration and clinic staff.
- May need to cover at other sites if needed.
- Confirms appointments for all medical clinics and makes
contacts with patient.
- Must make three (3) calls to confirm appointments.
- Data entry and updating patient information in NextGen data
- Provides information to individuals regarding low cost or free
services, such as CHDP, Family PACT, Every Woman Counts, Diabetes
Nutrition Classes, Care Management Program, etc.
- Transfers incoming calls to medical clinics appropriately and
- Appropriately transfers calls for staff at Administration as
- Maintains knowledge of provider preferences to appropriately
schedule appointments at the medical clinics.
- Refers patients in need of any enabling services to our Health
Promotion Services staff.
- Keep work area clean and in an orderly manner.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate understanding of and observe all SBNC policies,
procedures, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate successful work-related behaviors.
- Attend all required SBNC meetings and trainings.
- Interact with patients, physicians, staff, vendors, and
visitors in a positive manner that reflects the SBNC mission and
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to
this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and requirements. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related or it is a logical
assignment to the position. The employee is expected to perform
other duties necessary for the effective operation of the
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education:High school diploma or equivalent. Demonstrated
interest in healthcare, community education and related issues
through additional training/education.
Experience: One year of prior experience in a medical care
setting or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Skills: Bilingual in Spanish/English. Bicultural
preferred. Computers skills and working knowledge in the use of
standard software such as Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skill in developing promotional materials. Inclusive approach to
all potential patients. Possess existing community contacts with
target communities. Able to work independently. Demonstrated
ability to lead, direct and organize both small and large
Physical Demands: May be required to lift objects weighing up to
35 pounds. Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods
of time. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather
than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
Communication skills using the spoken word. Ability to see within
normal parameters. Ability to hear within normal range. Ability to
Certification/License: Valid drivers license and auto
Keywords: Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics, Santa Barbara , Call Center Representative, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!