Company: Geneva Aerospace
Posted on: May 6, 2021
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse,
high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our
employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers'
mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an
inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and
promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an
unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and
commitment to excellence in everything we do. About L3Harris
Technologies L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and
defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that
meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides
advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea,
space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in
annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130
countries. L3Harris.com We are searching for a dynamic Software
Engineer to join our team in Goleta, CA. Job Summary: The Software
Engineer is responsible for the development of computer software
that monitors operation of the data acquisition hardware. The test
equipment is configured to operate in many different environments
including, factory, depot and maintenance operations, laboratory
analysis, aboard ship, etc. The primary focus of the position is
user interface (UI) development on Windows and Linux desktop
platforms. A candidate with a strong understanding and a skilled
eye for user interface design and development is preferred.
Additional embedded software and hardware tasks may be assigned,
based on the candidates skill set Essential Functions:
- Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide
software engineering solutions including: software design,
documentation, verification and validation, used in evaluating,
testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
- Perform technical review, design analysis, development and
selection of hardware and mission critical computer software.
- Modify existing hardware and software for systems or test
- Perform computer hardware and software development or
implementation analyses; partition and structure the work to
provide a means to assess and measure progress.
- Provide independent validation and verification of candidate
designs and implementation approaches.
- Develop, test and document software code; support installation
into higher level assembly as required.
- Perform software configuration management to ensure that the
code reflects the latest version and revision level.
- Implement check and balance procedures to monitor, review and
evaluate design activities performed to assure conformance with
customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering
practices including quality systems procedures.
- Review quality trends; conduct thorough design analyses
including interface design, models, equipment prototypes and
R&D test tools; interface with other technical personnel on
- Ensure that assigned project tasks are completed, meet
established technical and schedule requirements and comply with
company's quality system procedures. Identify and report quality
problems in the assigned areas and recommend corrective action
and/or alternative solutions to correct abnormal problems or trends
that could jeopardize achievement of cost or schedule
- Prepare design review material in support of SRR, PDR, CDR, and
other technical audits for assigned designs.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a
favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers,
industry and professional associations, government agencies and the
local community. Additional Responsibilities:
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other
functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work
periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Communications, Electrical, or
Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances
knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be
substituted for educational requirements. Experience:
- Five (5) years of software engineering experience is required
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Valid state driver's license
- Active DoD Security clearance required Knowledge, Skills and
- Understanding of "UI" - User Interface, elements, tools, and
- Strong analytic and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering
plans and specifications. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and
- Excellent computer skills; ability to comprehend new hardware /
- Ability to write a concise report of findings.
- Effective human relation skills are essential.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language. Physical
- Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 lbs. of
force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to
- Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements
including arms, hands and fingers operating computer equipment and
other office equipment.
- Employee occasionally stands and/or walks to go into meetings
or for discussions with other administrative / office
- Employee occasionally reaches with hands and arms in moving
tools equipment and/or products as needed. Other Work Conditions
- Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
- Travel may be required for several days on short notice via
- Testing aboard ship may be required from time to time. Network
- Interacts with the engineering department and other
administrative staff. L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is
committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment
with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free
from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions),
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group
protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a
drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse
testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Keywords: Geneva Aerospace, Santa Barbara , Software Engineer, Other , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!