Company: Chumash Casino
Location: Santa Ynez
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Pastry Sous Chef will manage the operations of the kitchen
to support banquet events and daily outlet operations in the
absence of and in assistance with the Pastry Chef and Executive
Pastry Chef. The Pastry Sous Chef will oversee the preparation of
food and inventory levels of the kitchen. The position will be
responsible for training Team Members and ensuring that exceptional
guest service is provided.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred.
- One year of experience as a high volume Sous Chef, Banquet
Chef, or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Knowledge of effective leadership and supervisory
- Must understand and demonstrate the fundamentals of baking and
- Proficient with the use of kitchen tools and equipment, knife
skills and measurements.
- Ability to follow and/or convert recipes.
- Knowledge of kitchen lingo, etiquette, culture and culinary
- Must be able to plan and supervise the daily operations of the
- Able to follow instructions, written and verbal, and perform
the job with professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deploy available resources
- Ability to produce a quality product on a consistent
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience and
- Basic computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, email
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to a rapidly changing
- Must obtain a food handler card within 30 days of
- Native American hiring preference applies.
Chumash Enterprise is one of the premier employers in Santa
Barbara County. We are recognized as a Four-Diamond Resort, but it
is our Five-Diamond Guest Service that keeps our guests coming
back! With more than 1,800 Team Members, we offer a stable and
rewarding work environment with a competitive benefits package,
exciting growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities
continue to develop at all of our properties including; Chumash
Casino Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas
Station, Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal
Administration, Hotel Corque and Root 246, Kita Wines, Hadsten
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Consistent with federal law, Native American hiring preference
Keywords: Chumash Casino, Santa Barbara , Sous Chef, Other , Santa Ynez, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!