Company: Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, provide
comprehensive health care for patients as established by clinic
protocols and according to community standards. These services
include health maintenance, acute episodic care, monitoring long
term care of chronic illness, and patient education. Refer patients
to appropriate patients to hospital and specialty services, as
indicated. This position is an integral part of the Patient
Centered medical Home (PCMH). This position supports optimal
patient outcomes and integrates care with all disciplines of Santa
Barbara Neighborhood Clinics
- Perform routine physical and gynecologic exams.
- Take medical, gynecologic, contraceptive and sexual
- Initiate, recommend, perform, and interpret laboratory
screening and diagnostic procedures, including but not limited to:
urinalysis, Pap smears, STI testing, wet mounts, pregnancy tests,
- Initiate treatment measures where indicated.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of acute and
- Collaborate with staff clinician on management and follow-up of
abnormal lab and exam findings.
- Recommend treatments and evaluate their effectiveness. Make
referrals to other medical specialties where appropriate.
- Provide unbiased patient education and counseling, including
contraceptive education and counseling.
- Initiate and manage the use accepted treatment modalities.
- Complete medical records in a timely fashion.
- Identify psychosocial factors affecting health decisions and
practices, and counsel accordingly.
- Maintain appropriate medical records and documentation; learn
and use SBNCs electronic health records (EHR) system.
- Protect and maintain in good condition, all medical equipment
appliances, hand instruments, and is responsible for the security
and proper use of such instruments and equipment.
- Participate in lectures for health education training and
updates, as needed.
- Participate in clinician and staff meetings.
- Assist other clinicians as needed.
- Mentor and evaluate nurse practitioner students and medical
residents, as appropriate.
- Assist clinic staff as appropriate.
- Consult with the Chief Medical Officer regarding management of
individual patients as needed and for interpretation of policies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and requirements. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related or it is a logical
assignment to the position. The employee is expected to perform
other duties necessary for the effective operation of the
Qualifications: Current and Valid Nurse Practitioner License and
Furnishing Number from the California Board of Registered Nursing,
Current CPR Certification, ACLS Preferred, Bilingual in
Education: Masters Degree at minimum in the specialty area of
Advanced Practice Nursing
Experience: Minimum of one (1) years of experience as a Nurse
Practitioner, preferably in a community clinic setting.
Desired Skills and Abilities: Requires excellent communication
skills, The ability to work independently, Excellent Communication
Skills (Written and Verbal), Strong Critical thinking skills, Good
history taking skills, Excellent Interpersonal Communication,
Strong enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed,
Functions well in a high-stress environment
Physical Demands: May be required to lift objects weighing up to
25 pounds Sitting in normal seated position for extended periods of
time. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any
direction/position for extended periods of time. Reaching by
extending Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with
fingers rather than whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a
The physical demands described above are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this job unless providing such
accommodations would result in undue hardship for the SBNC.
Keywords: Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics, Santa Barbara , Nurse Practitioner, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!