Lead, Digital Sensor Engineer (Clearance Level: Top-Secret)
Company: Harris Corporation
Location: santa barbara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Lead, Digital Sensor Engineer (Clearance Level:
4/13/21 Engineering, Engineering--Electrical USA - CA - Los
Angeles, USA - CA - Santa Barbara, USA - NY - Rochester
Job Title: Lead, Digital Sensor
Los Angeles-CA, Santa Barbara-CA, or
Provides expertise as a technical specialist for research,
evaluation and verification of image sensor systems built for space
applications. Uses the application of engineering standards,
principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to solve complex
problems associated with spaceflight hardware.
- Program support include mission/requirements definition,
concept generation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization
studies, preliminary and final design, component selection,
integration, and test support materials selection, design
documentation, and collaboration with manufacturing operation for
fabrication in a program team environment.
- Author camera electronics and/or image sensor specifications
and guide development of subcontract activities
- Direct and evaluate image sensor and camera electronics
subcontract technical activities
- Work with a cross-functional team to derive image sensor
performance specifications for space-based camera systems, from
customer needs and requirements
- Develop camera electronics architectures and concepts for
space-based image sensor systems
- Develop space-based camera system radiometric and electrical
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop image sensor
performance and environmental testing qualification plans
- Lead image sensor performance and radiometric characterization
- Architect image sensor assemblies and electrical interconnect
concepts to camera electronics
- Prepare and present design approach and simulations at internal
and customer design reviews.
- Work independently and lead a small team of designers
- Travel to site location (Rochester-NY, Wilmington-MA, Ft.
Wayne-IN, or Palm Bay-FL) upon need for one month at a time.
- A Bachelor Degree with at least 9 years of experience OR a
Graduate Degree with at least 7 years or experience
- Experience authoring camera electronics and/or image sensor
- Experience with developing camera electronics architectures and
concepts for space-based image sensor systems
- Requires experience in design from requirements identification,
implementation of the design, integration and test, and support of
users of delivered product.
- Active Top-Secret with SSBI Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI with SSBI Clearance Required
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, ability to
interact with a cross functional team
- Ability to collaborate across all levels of leadership.
- Familiarity and understanding of visible and infrared image
sensor detector physics and technologies
- Familiarity and understanding of digital image sensor
read-out-integrated-circuits and interfacing electronics
- Familiarity and understanding of detector and ROIC
manufacturing methods and assembly/integration/test
- Familiarity and understanding of image processing techniques
(non-uniformity correction and spaceborn camera calibration
approaches, image data compression, bad-pixel masking, color
- Ability to architect an end to end image sensor space system
with a full understanding of the product lifecycle.
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
Expertise Engineering, Engineering--Electrical
Location USA - CA - Santa Barbara, USA - NY - Rochester, USA -
CA - Los Angeles
Stock Quote: HRS
Last Trade: 110.89
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Santa Barbara , Lead, Digital Sensor Engineer (Clearance Level: Top-Secret), Other , santa barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!