Location: santa barbara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Company Overview and Values
Why work at Entegris?Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your
Future.Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same
background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the
differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every
employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on
projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a
collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level
of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we
operate as an organization not just when its convenient, but in a
lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend
here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally
around our core PACE values: People Accountability
C reativity Excellence
Entegris is seeking a hands-on, innovative Quality Technician to
provide quality support for products in our Particle Sizing
Instrumentation business. The Particle Sizing Instrumentation
products provide solutions to measure particle size and
concentration using a sensor, counter, and fluidics configuration.
This includes Process Monitoring Systems named Accusizer Mini,
single particle optical sizing (SPOS) technology system named
AccuSizer SPOS and dynamic light scattering technology system named
Nicomp Nano DLS/ZLS.
In this role you will
- Perform receiving, in-process and final inspections on
electrical and mechanical components.
- Manage customer Return Auth Process (posting goods, verifying
required documentation was provided (CAR form), verifying part# &
counts, decontamination processing, assigning QN tasks)
- Lead Material Review Board (MRB) activities for the plant;
scheduling and leading meetings, assigning and completing tasks,
verifying process execution, determining and approving
- Generate and report on the KPIs, levels of product quality
within the assigned product areas, including Pareto, Statistical
Process Control, etc.
- Maintain the site calibration program and ensures all
instruments are calibrated on time.
- Perform First Article Inspections and Design Capability Studies
- Participate in customer issue resolution teams using tools such
as Model-based problem solving, 8D, and ensure effective corrective
and preventive actions and closure within timing goals
- Assist New Product Development activities (development of
inspection plans, data collection for Validation and qualification,
etc.) to ensure products released to manufacturing meet quality
- Participate in continuous improvement (Lean and Six Sigma
projects) within assigned manufacturing areas and quality
- Author and/or review procedures, work instructions, test
specifications, and other documents
- Support ISO registration, customer and process audits as a
subject matter expert, as needed
- Provide back-up support for Quality Engineering
responsibilities of Product and Process support
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent with 2 to
5 years experience as a quality inspector or quality technician in
a manufacturing environment or combination of relevant education
- Ability to read mechanical or electrical blueprints including
interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T),
hydraulic and pneumatics symbols.
- Experience using a variety of measurement equipment including
Multimeter, calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, drop indicators,
dial indicator, surface plate, optical comparators.
- Experience or knowledge with applicable quality tools such as
histograms, pareto, process mapping, cause and effect diagrams,
Statistical process control, 8D problem solving, model-based
problem solving, and Six Sigma methodology is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, at all
- Strong attention to detail, active listening skills and willing
to learn and be hands on and work independently in a fast paced,
dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Experience with products having both electrical and mechanical
properties. Ability to troubleshoot both mechanical and electrical
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office,
including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Experience with ERP system
- IPC-A-610 specialist certification or similar experience in
electronic assembly inspection is a plus
- Familiar with acceptance sampling standards and plan.
- Six Sigma Yellow or similar quality certification
Your success will be measured by
- Ability to work independently
- Delivering on individual and team commitments
- Solving problems using creating solutions; thinking outside the
- Setting SMART goals and prioritizing actions based on
What we offer:
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck.
Whether youre looking to build your career, improve your health, or
protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an
impressive employer match thats all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your
needs to ensure youre happy and healthy.
- 3 weeks vacation - plenty of time to recharge those
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to
all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire,
train, and reward employees for their individual abilities,
achievements and experience without regard to race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability,
marital or military status.
Keywords: Entegris, Santa Barbara , Quality Technician, Other , santa barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!