Company: BIOPAC Systems, Inc.
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About BIOPAC Systems, Inc.
BIOPAC Systems, Inc. was founded in 1985 and is a leader in the
field of life science data acquisition and analysis. We focus on
educational markets as well as scientific research markets. BIOPAC
is recognized as a premier choice for life science hardware and
software, with over 20,000 data acquisition systems worldwide.
As a member of both the marketing and the engineering teams, the
Technical Writer will be responsible for the creation and
maintenance of BIOPAC product and technical documentation,
technical marketing blog posts, and user documentation.
Responsibilities include understanding the technology products
manufactured by BIOPAC, writing content for product manuals,
software guides, installation and setup instructions, product
specification sheets, user guides, and product support
documentation. The Technical Writer will also support marketing by
writing blog posts, ad hoc marketing content, sole source
conformity documentation, and will coordinate with printers to
include BIOPAC content in published manuals.
The Technical Writer will report to the Marketing Manager, will
directly support all BIOPAC products, and will work on a
cross-functional team that includes Marketing/Communications,
Engineering, QA, and Executive Leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands BIOPAC products, equipment, and services.
- Explains scientific and technical ideas in simple language with
excellent writing and editing skills.
- Works with engineering to create and maintain end-user
documentation for BIOPAC products and systems. This includes a
variety of materials, including specification sheets, lesson
procedures, how-to guides, and instruction manuals.
- Ensures product specification changes are implemented
throughout the BIOPAC system-manuals, web, product spec sheets,
- Creates, edits, and revises text, instructional steps, tables,
charts, illustrations, mockups, flow charts, tables, graphs, and
images as necessary.
- Proactively audits and updates existing documentation to
improve quality and relevance.
- Works with translation coordinator to ensure documentation
updates carry over into translated versions of manuals and
- Writes monthly blog post.
- Develops technical content for marketing programs.
- Reports bugs to QA team if found using JIRA.
- Reviews manufacturer and trade catalogs.
- Coordinates with external partners to update BIOPAC-related
content and works with publishers to integrate BIOPAC content into
third-party physiology manuals.
- Creates sole source conformity documentation.
- Acts as liaison to local printer for hardware and software
guides and manuals.
- BA/BS with 3+ years' experience in technical writing. Science
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive-able to work
independently and problem-solve to resolve open questions and move
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Follows AP Style and embraces a scientific writing style.
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent project management
skills for multiple projects and ability to produce high-quality,
- Be able to work with large documents with a keen attention to
- Work with a cross-functional team to produce results in timely
- Technical knowledge and computer skills for the following
software programs: Microsoft Office, MS Publisher, Adobe
PhotoShop/Acrobat/InDesign, JIRA, Perforce, etc.
- Lift and carry BIOPAC products up to 25 lbs.
Keywords: BIOPAC Systems, Inc., Santa Barbara , Technical Writer, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!