RF Lead Systems Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Raytheon Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems Engineering department in
Goleta has an immediate opening for a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE)
position. This role requires an exceptional degree of ingenuity,
creativity and resourcefulness. A background in RADAR or EW is also
required. Responsibilities include guiding multi-disciplinary
teams, developing customer relationships, and encouraging advanced
technical solutions to meet the warfighter's evolving needs. The
LSE has ownership of the system throughout its lifecycle, from
concept development and requirements derivation to production,
sustainment, evolution, and end-of-life.
As part of the Advanced Concepts and Technology (ACT) group, the
LSE will focus on tasks which support revolutionary and
evolutionary innovations. These innovations are identified and
matured in collaboration with other system engineering leads, chief
engineers, engineering fellows, and other disciplines, as well as
with the customer community. Representative activities include
algorithm development, modeling and simulation, design of RF
components and circuit cards, digital and mixed-signal ICs and
circuit cards, power modules, cooling solutions, mechanical
structures, embedded software, FPGAs, and the associated
We value collaboration and teamwork, passion, integrity, and
continuous improvement. Employees at Raytheon receive an
industry-leading benefits package to include generous paid time
off, employer 401k contributions and 401k matching, excellent
insurance options, parental leave, tuition reimbursement and
advanced degree programs, and more.
Become a part of a growing department with 100+ engineers
supporting multiple mission areas across 5 national locations.
Continue to advance in your career with our established career
roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or
technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active
programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration
and test of our products, design and development of subsystem
architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in
signal identification and technique generation. We offer Relocation
Assistance and Sign-On Bonus.
Electronic Warfare Systems -- Products line; News; Videos:
Electronic Warfare Capabilities.
- Minimum 10 years related system engineering experience in EW or
Radar programs including prior leadership experience.
- Minimum 8 years in RF development/research and production for
- Excellent Knowledge of RF/Microwave principles and system and
subsystem-level analysis methodologies
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present
data and explain results to organization & customers
- Familiarity using RF/Microwave test equipment such as a Network
Analyzer with calibrations kits, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal
Generator, RF Power Meter, Oscilloscope
- Familiarity of the following RF/Microwave concepts &
terminology: dB, dBc, dBi, dBm, Bandwidth, EIRP, G/T, Gain, Gain
Compression, Gain Flatness, Intermodulation Products, Isolation,
Noise Figure, Phase & Amplitude Settling, Phase Noise, Return Loss,
Spurious, Third Order Intercept, and VSWR
- Prior leadership experience with cross product teams in a
complex multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience in EW/RF/Microwave Systems design and
- Meaningful knowledge of RF/Microwave principles and system and
subsystem-level analysis methodologiesExcellent communication and
presentation skills with the ability to interface with senior level
executives and customers.
- Ability to effectively lead teams of technical experienced
professionals to resolve challenging technical problems.
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams to include Mechanical,
Electrical and Software.
- Experience working with subcontractors for product
- Detailed knowledge and ability to develop innovative solutions
to meet the warfighter-'s needs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24
months) DoD Secret Clearance.
- Occasional business travel is required.
- Experience in new business development for advanced technology,
including direct customer interface and a familiarity with the DoD
Science and Technology community.
- Proposal management, from initial pursuit and capture planning
to proposal delivery.
- Knowledge of open systems architectures.
- Able to develop near- and long-term IRAD to align with strategy
and technology roadmaps.
- Deep understanding of the underlying phenomenology of RF
Hardware and Digital Signal Processing.
- Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic
Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Experience in programming with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with teaching and instruction in a technology
- Top Secret security clearance and Special Access --
Required Education (including major):
- Bachelor-'s degree in
Keywords: RTX, Santa Barbara , RF Lead Systems Engineer, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!