Project Development, Senior Advisor (3300)
Company: ENGIE North America Inc.
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 16, 2020
The Project Development, Senior Advisor will manage a broad
range of pre-construction development activities on projects within
ENGIEs portfolio of grid-scale solar assets across the United
States. In this role, you will ensure projects advance on the
appropriate schedules and within allocated budgets to support
origination, financing, and construction, to ultimately fulfill the
company's renewable energy aspirations and growth strategy within
This position is open to Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, or Santa
Barbara, CA. (Remote locations may be considered).
What youll do:
* Manage development activities of utility-scale solar energy
projects from feasibility to the start of construction
* Engage with staff to coordinate environmental, permitting,
transmission interconnection, land acquisition, and design
* Support energy offtake, financing, and project M&A
discussions, including due diligence activities
* Ensure projects are progressing on schedule and within budget
* Obtain local project permits and tax agreements
* Select, manage, and direct third party consultants and review
* Engage with landowners and stakeholders to provide information
throughout the development process
* Review project pro forma financial models
* Evaluate viability of early stage and acquisition projects
* Conduct site visits to define site characteristics and develop
relationships with local stakeholders
* Remain abreast of renewable energy opportunities in the United
States and the national industry trends impacting the future of
solar and renewable development opportunities and their
competitiveness as they relate to customers.
* Represent ENGIE at national solar and renewable energy events as
speaker, panelist and solar energy leader.
What you bring:
* Minimum 10 years related experience
* Minimum 5 years of project development experience, preferably in
* Bachelors degree in Engineering, Environmental, Business
Administration or Economics preferred.
* Proven record of accomplishment in solar or renewable energy
development, including experience taking projects through
* Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve potential project
flaws and to prioritize critical path tasks.
* Thorough understanding of land easements/leases and title
* Track record of successfully working with public officials to
obtain development permits, tax abatements, etc.
* Working knowledge of technical development disciplines, including
interconnection, resource assessment, solar system operation, GIS,
* General understanding of market trends and resulting impacts on
* Ability to travel regularly within the United States.
ENGIE North America isnt just participating in the Zero-Carbon
transition, were leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is
more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy!
ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create
the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and
flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the
future. Are you up for the challenge?
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition
team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent
Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers.
Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of
Keywords: ENGIE North America Inc., Santa Barbara , Project Development, Senior Advisor (3300), Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!