Field Team Lead - Gas Operations
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Field Team Lead - Gas Operations
Full Time/ Part Time:
Provides overall leadership and management of field operations for
one or more districts within the Gas Operations organization.
Supervises and administers technical field operations, oversees and
manages district budget, distribution pipeline maintenance, repair
and installation. Is responsible for system integrity to ensure
compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as Federal,
State, and Local regulations.
- Directs Field Operations at the district level, to ensure
compliance with functional guidelines, policy and procedures,
G.O.112-E, CFR-49, and Cal Osha safety order requirements. Supports
achieving the most cost-effective District operations and
maintenance of gas facilities.
- Conducts field rides, audits and job observations to ensure
quality and performance expectations are met.
- Supervises Gas Operations employees to ensure work is performed
safely and is following Company policy, procedure and governmental
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining
effective safety programs focusing on employee, customer and
pipeline safety. Is responsible for meeting or exceeding all Key
Performance Measures including; customer satisfaction, cost
savings, service and safety.
- Actively promotes and oversees the Company's Marketing plans
and goals for the core residential, commercial and industrial
- Actively supports and works with major programs including; AMI,
DIMP, DRIP, and PSEP. Acts as District point of contact for
customers (residential and commercial), public officials, first
responders, pipeline and other contractors.
- Develops and maintains strong customer relations in order to
resolve issues and problems, many involving dissatisfied customers,
CPUC complaints or other matters of a delicate nature.
- Provides backup for Area Manager. Provides work direction to
lower level supervision and performance input to Area Manager.
- Deals effectively with employee labor relations problems, i.e.,
investigatory interviews and disciplinary actions.
- Responds to and provides work direction during emergency
incidents involving critical gas handling operations.
- Responsible for leading emergency response efforts including
the development and implementation of emergency response strategies
and coordinating resources to effectively resolve all types of
emergency incidents, including natural disasters.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and monitoring of
the district budget. Provides interpretive counsel and information
used in the managerial decision-making process.
- Generally, works with Area Manager to make recommendations as
to the final course of action to be taken.
- Four-year college degree in business administration,
engineering, project management or related field or equivalent
field operations work experience and applicable field/technical
training is desired.
- Minimum three (3) years extensive knowledge of Distribution
work methods and tools; Knowledge of Technical Services and/or
Transmission operations is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of field safety policies and practices
including emergency incident response, emergency communications,
message center reporting and leak investigation.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements for Gas
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Collective Bargaining
Agreement (CBA), labor practices, the ability to engage represented
employees, deal effectively with performance problems and thrive in
a union environment.
- Must be able to analyze complex data, manage complex projects
and have knowledge of Gas Distribution operations.
- Must possess strong listening, verbal and written communication
- Requires very strong interpersonal skills, self-confidence, and
demonstrated leadership ability to effectively work with employees
at all levels as well as to lead and inspire a diverse workforce
through a dynamic work environment.
- Must display versatility, quick problem solving, handle
multiple demands, and ability to work effectively with a variety of
- Must have knowledge of company budgeting practices including
financial systems such as SAP and Business Warehouse as well as
knowledge of PACER, Click and MS Office.
- Major emergencies may require extended days and critical
decisions affecting gas supply, pressure, customer and employee
safety, compliance with California Public Utilities Commission,
Department of Transportation or Office of Pipeline Safety.
- Frequently requires working extended hours.
- Major emergencies may require extended days. Environment is
both inside and outside.
- Required valid California Driver's License and DOT
- On some assignments, extensive driving may be required to visit
multiple work locations. Has on-call responsibilities
This position can be filled at a different level based on the final
scope of job responsibilities and job requirements
Posting End Date:
Jan 17, 2020
Keywords: SoCalGas, Santa Barbara , Field Team Lead - Gas Operations, Other , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!