Sr. SDET, Embedded Systems Software
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: July 5, 2019
We're a global team looking for the best talent - no matter where.
This job has the option of working from either our Cambridge, MA or
Santa Barbara, CA office. For the right individual, Sonos will
offer relocation reimbursement to either office.
At Sonos, we are passionate about creating and delivering the
finest HiFi audio systems in the world to our customers. Our
products stream all the music on earth, in every room, wirelessly,
and you control it all from the palm of your hand. Its easy to use,
but keeping things simple and bug free is hard work. The problems
are complex and the solutions must be elegant.
Sonos needs high-energy, innovative engineers to help fuel our
rocketing success. We are setting new standards for the audio
industry and reshaping the way consumers engage with music. This
Sr. SW Test Engineer will be responsible for testing all aspects of
design and implementation of the new hardware bring-up, operating
systems, device drivers and boot-loader code across the spectrum of
audio products. This will require collaboration with your partners
in Dev and Test to help define and execute the test strategies and
tactics. In addition, you will work with a team of industry-leading
innovators across fields such as acoustics, mechanical engineering,
software, hardware, RF, and user experience. If you love music,
solving challenging problems and delivering high-quality products,
we want to talk with you!* Collaborate with other members of the
System Software/Security scrum team to deliver features that are
implemented, tested, and documented at the end of each sprint.
- Advocate software quality within Sonos through Software
Development Life Cycle and HW maintenance Life Cycle
- Develop and document test plan, test procedures and automation
in parallel with software development for both new feature and
- Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root
cause and establish prioritization.
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews and mentor
junior members of the team* BS/BA in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering or related field with at least 4 years of testing
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical
troubleshooting skills focused around testing Linux device drivers
and embedded software in general
- Experience in programming with of one or more of the following
languages - Python, C/C++ in creating automated tests
- Strong knowledge of Linux in both user and kernel space with
hands on experience using debuggers
- Ability to derive test cases working with cross-functional
- Experience in Embedded Security (Secure Boot) or in identity
and trust management (authentication, authorization) such as OAuth
or in System Security
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Working knowledge of test and verification equipments such as
signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network
- Experience with open source bootloaders such as U-Boot as well
as modern subsystems and peripherals including DDR SDRAM, NAND
Flash, PCI Express, Ethernet, I2C and I2S.
- Experience testing 802.11a/b/g/n radios.
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , Sr. SDET, Embedded Systems Software, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!