Senior Product Manager, Software Interaction Experience
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: July 5, 2019
At Sonos, were passionate about filling peoples lives with great
sound, and we are looking for a spirited, inspiring Senior Software
Product Manager to join our Interaction Experience (IX) team to
help us achieve that ambition.
As a member of our IX PM team, you will help conceive and deliver
software experiences--large and small--that help our millions of
customers have unique, rich music and content experiences. Youll
work closely with engineers, designers and data scientists to
understand engagement and growth drivers and lead feature execution
on the Sonos app tied to key metrics. Sonos is an open platform,
with a rich ecosystem of content partners, and youll collaborate
with these partners to highlight them on our platform in ways that
improve the experience for customers.
We seek a team member with demonstrated experience building,
shipping, and improving a loved consumer product, ideally in the
mobile application space (experiences with other interaction models
would be a huge plus). Transparency and collaboration are embedded
in the Sonos work culture, and our next great PM needs to have a
passion for partnering with talented developers and creative
designers to build experiences that surprise and delight people in
their elegance and create joy in bringing great sound experiences
to peoples lives.* Set the short and long-term vision for app
features, including being responsible for a backlog and specifying
requirements and outcomes that align with the Sonos mission of
empowering lives through great sound.
- Create and ensure the delivery of the roadmap for a feature
area, running stand-ups, prioritization, costing and triage
discussions; partner with Design, Brand and Marketing teams to
build experiences for our global Sonos users.
- Gain customer and experience insight from our existing data,
help ground the team in this data and develop experience hypotheses
and experiments based on engagement and growth goals.
- Work across Sonos hardware and software teams and with music
service partners, music labels, and artists to deepen the
relationship Sonos listeners have with music and artists.
- You are passionate about how customer behaviors will evolve in
the smart home, and can drive the vision for how Sonos naturally
integrates into the home ecosystem.
Help lead Sonos Culture and Product Management Excellence:
- Inspire product and UX teams at Sonos to reach deeper in
building experiences that provide soulful and visceral experiences
- Engage and communicate with both explicit and implicit data,
grounding the team in the customer and the experience.
- Work effectively across team, discipline and geographic
boundaries to help ensure a culture of transparency, inclusion,
diversity of opinion and perspective and product experiences that
reflect those strengths.* 5+ years of experience in a Product
Management role on a consumer, mobile product.
- Strong collaborator who enjoys inspiring, and helping build
teams across product management, development, and user
- Passion and curiosity about user experience models.
- Understand how to evolve a software roadmap and ability to
influence others effectively.
- Ability to engage ecosystem partners in joint development
opportunities and plans;
- Technical mindset and enjoy working with engineering teams on
creative, elegant technical solutions across client, service and
- Effective leadership with distributed teams.
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , Senior Product Manager, Software Interaction Experience, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!