Technical Account Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 13, 2019
About the Role
Technical Account Managers (TAMs) develop product and workflow
expertise to design and drive industry-leading messaging and
marketing campaigns. We work in partnership with diverse and
supportive teams, providing guidance to our most strategic
customers on all technical aspects related to Airship.
We are inquisitive, inclusive, and insightful, and are at our best
when we lift each other and our customers up to achieve common
goals. Those goals might include helping customers realize new and
exciting ways to engage their users from initial planning to final
delivery, as well as planning the means to measure success.
We value input and are looking for a TAM team member who wants to
contribute to something spectacular.
You are passionate about the customer experience and technology,
and can personally relate to a developer's struggles. You help
bridge the gap between technical and non-technical, and frequently
interact with development, product, marketing, and leadership
contacts from our largest clients.
You will act as the product expert, understanding and utilizing a
client's use-case to help guide their technical teams toward
continued success with Airship products and services.
- Coordinate customer activities with appropriate team members.
Keep all parties apprised of customer requirements, deliverables,
- Act as the dedicated point of contact for your customers,
ensuring a high level of responsiveness if issues arise.
- Provide metrics as established by department leadership to
track and report customer activities and associated issues and/or
opportunities for reporting to both customer and internal
- Provide world-class support by taking ownership for customer
challenges from initial contact to deploy including
troubleshooting, assisting with QA, and ensuring that the customer
understands any changes they need to make.
- Partner with the Engineering and Product teams to resolve
- Write documentation, knowledge base articles, and tutorials to
improve the customer experience of Airship products and
- Participate in the QA process for current and new
products/services, and work frequently with product and engineering
teams to address opportunities and product enhancements.
- Interface with customers alongside a stellar sales team in the
final stages of contracting to gather, collect, and document
technical, product, and contract requirements regarding the
customer's purchase(s) of Airship products.
- Contribute to the development of Technical Account Management
policies and procedures.
- Do whatever it takes to provide an outstanding experience!
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of technical client-facing experience
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Mac OS X command
- Able to read code and write code in Python, Java, Objective-C,
or a similar object-oriented language
- Able to handle a wide range of customer personas and skills
sets during all phases of the customer lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment while keeping up with
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and also
Optional, but definitely a plus
- Knowledge of how to leverage APIs
- Comfortable with iOS and Android mobile platforms and their
- Experience in digital marketing solutions (mobile, web
analytics, optimization, email, SMS) and/or a SaaS product
- Skills with Apple Wallet, Android Pay or other Digital Wallet
- Familiarity with Email-specific terms and
- Understanding of routing and processes around SMS
Marketing and digital experience teams at--thousands of the world's
most admired companies--rely on Airship's Customer Engagement
Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering
incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.--
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now
gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI
orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications,
emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to
exactly the right person in exactly the right moment - building
trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.
Keywords: Airship, Santa Barbara , Technical Account Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!