Senior Software Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: April 12, 2019
Requisition ID: 41262 Title: Senior Software Engineer Division:
Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Main Objective: Responsible for full life cycle software
development of Class I and II medical devices, which includes
architectural design, interface design, analysis and simulation,
prototyping, design assurance testing, development through
production release, and product maintenance. Recognized as
technical leader and resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop reliable, efficient and reusable software
components in C/C++ for Linux targets.
- Lead teams to ensure robust, sustainable and scalable design
approaches that meet design intent.
- Serve as principal technical contributor and drive project
deliverables through agile methods.
- Design, develop and maintain software interfaces with hardware
components and firmware.
- Design optimization through modeling, simulation and
- Experience with unit test frameworks, mocking and other test
- Responsible for ensuring software design/development SOP
compliance including planning, verification, validation, and
- Coordination with in-house and contract developers in
distributed development environment.
- Strong understanding of source code management, IDEs, defect
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve
quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support design history file deliverables for assigned projects,
adhering to design control procedures.
- Provide Regulatory department technical support for assigned
projects as needed.
- Provide Marketing and Product Management with technical
information for training and marketing.
- Support surgeon and distributor customers by training and/or
educating on technical aspects of assigned products as
- Report progress and status of assigned projects on a timely
basis with emphasis on reporting results.
- Some required domestic travel may be required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
Minimum of 7 years of relevant product development experience is
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
- Experience as a lead developer of a large scale multi-layer
- Expert in multi-threading design; implementation and management
- C/C++ programming required. Python strongly preferred.
- Strong embedded programming experience utilizing open source
software (OSS) with Linux required.
- Expert skills in debugging, troubleshooting, and system
- Experience with various state of UI toolkits required. QT
- Strong experience with system development lifecycle practices
including translation of business requirements to system design
document, source code version control, and maintenance required.
Subversion or Git preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience conducting and participating in Code Review sessions
- Well-versed in unit test creation and working with continuous
integration environments preferred.
- Agility in problem solving and troubleshooting and exceptional
self-management skills required.
- Preferred skills/experience include: SQL database; Test-Driven
Development; Android Development.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Knowledge of surgical
equipment and instrumentation; debugging hardware, interfaces, and
tools; software development environments; static code analysis,
network protocols. Bench top testing and troubleshooting with
typical lab equipment a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Barbara
Nearest Secondary Market: Santa Maria
Engineer, Software Engineer, Instrumentation, Medical, Product
Development, Engineering, Healthcare, Research
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!