Senior Software Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: March 3, 2019
Requisition ID: 41262 Title: Senior Software Engineer Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Main Objective: Responsible for full life cycle software development of Class I and II medical devices, which includes architectural design, interface design, analysis and simulation, prototyping, design assurance testing, development through production release, and product maintenance. Recognized as technical leader and resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop reliable, efficient and reusable software components in C/C++ for Linux targets.
- Lead teams to ensure robust, sustainable and scalable design approaches that meet design intent.
- Serve as principal technical contributor and drive project deliverables through agile methods.
- Design, develop and maintain software interfaces with hardware components and firmware.
- Design optimization through modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Experience with unit test frameworks, mocking and other test harness strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring software design/development SOP compliance including planning, verification, validation, and implementation.
- Coordination with in-house and contract developers in distributed development environment.
- Strong understanding of source code management, IDEs, defect tracking systems.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support design history file deliverables for assigned projects, adhering to design control procedures.
- Provide Regulatory department technical support for assigned projects as needed.
- Provide Marketing and Product Management with technical information for training and marketing.
- Support surgeon and distributor customers by training and/or educating on technical aspects of assigned products as needed.
- Report progress and status of assigned projects on a timely basis with emphasis on reporting results.
- Some required domestic travel may be required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum of 7 years of relevant product development experience is required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Experience as a lead developer of a large scale multi-layer design required.
- Expert in multi-threading design; implementation and management required.
- C/C++ programming required. Python strongly preferred.
- Strong embedded programming experience utilizing open source software (OSS) with Linux required.
- Expert skills in debugging, troubleshooting, and system optimization required.
- Experience with various state of UI toolkits required. QT preferred.
- Strong experience with system development lifecycle practices including translation of business requirements to system design document, source code version control, and maintenance required. Subversion or Git preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) required.
- Experience conducting and participating in Code Review sessions preferred.
- Well-versed in unit test creation and working with continuous integration environments preferred.
- Agility in problem solving and troubleshooting and exceptional self-management skills required.
- Preferred skills/experience include: SQL database; Test-Driven Development; Android Development.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation; debugging hardware, interfaces, and tools; software development environments; static code analysis, network protocols. Bench top testing and troubleshooting with typical lab equipment a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Barbara
Nearest Secondary Market: Santa Maria
Engineer, Software Engineer, Instrumentation, Medical, Product Development, Engineering, Healthcare, Research
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!