Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Platform
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 27, 2019
Requisition ID: 41431 Title: Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Platform Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: INC Santa Barbara, CA (ACT) (US17) We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for leading Mobile Platform Development efforts. They will drive development of rich experiences by evaluating and championing new technologies and pushing industry best practices in a high-visibility team. Our goal is to simplify and improve patient-surgeon communication post surgery. This position will be developing the next generation of mobile cross-platform products that integrates our products into one cogent platform. We are rebuilding a family of Enterprise Products that handle hundreds of thousands of patient records including videos, images, and surgeon annotations around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are plenty of opportunities to join us in making worldwide impact. Main Objective: Lead mobile platform development efforts and drive the development of new technologies of cross-platform mobile products for Enterprise applications. Responsibilities include architectural design, interface design, analysis and simulation, prototyping, design assurance testing, development through production release, and product maintenance. Recognized as technical leader and resource. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop the next generation of mobile application frameworks and common components.
- Architect and develop reliable, effective and reusable software components for mobile applications.
- Develop a cross-platform mobile development strategy for our Enterprise applications that can be rapidly and safely delivered through an automated build process that integrates into our quality and security tools.
- Serve as principal technical contributor and drive project deliverables through Agile methods.
- Translate abstract requirements into functional code to meet intended objectives and key results.
- Implement intuitive user interfaces with guidance from our User Experience team.
- Lead development to ensure robust, sustainable and scalable design approaches that meet design intent.
- Mentor other developers on best practices and defined development patterns.
- Collaborate closely with teams across Arthrex and the Enterprise Products teams to develop and deliver the best mobile experience possible for both surgeon and patients.
- Responsible for ensuring software design/development SOP compliance including planning, verification, validation, and implementation.
- Provide technical support for Regulatory and Software Quality Reviews as needed.
- Report progress and status of assigned projects on a timely basis with emphasis on reporting results. Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management. Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor s degree preferred. Minimum of 7 years of relevant mobile product development experience is required. Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Experience as a lead developer of a large scale multi-layer design required.
- Advanced experience with one or more mobile development frameworks such as Xamarin, React Native, Ionic, native Android or native iOS required.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, unit test frameworks, mocking and other test harness strategies preferred.
- Strong understanding of source code management, IDEs, defect tracking systems required.
- Advanced experience debugging, troubleshooting, and optimization mobile applications required.
- Advanced experience with system development lifecycle practices including translation of business requirements to system design document, source code version control, and maintenance required. Bitbucket or Git preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) required.
- Experience conducting and participating in Code Review sessions preferred.
- Well-versed in unit test creation and working with continuous integration environments preferred.
- Agility in problem solving and troubleshooting and exceptional self-management skills required. Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Knowledge of debugging, interfaces, and tools; software development environments; static code analysis, network protocols. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Platform, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!