Staff Software Engineer
Company: Bruker Corporation
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Log back in!
STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Job Locations US-CA-Santa Barbara
Posted Date 3 months ago(9/26/2018 12:34 PM)
# of Openings
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The AFM Software group of the Nano Surfaces Business of Bruker Corporation in Santa Barbara is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to be an integral in the design and development of our world leading Atomic Force Microscopes. As a member of the software team you will be responsible for working closely with scientists and engineers on the full spectrum of software development from hardware interfaces and instrument control to software application design for interacting with the user. You will design, program, analyze, debug, and modify software enhancements for new nano-scale Research and Production Control metrology tools based on atomic force microscopy technology. This position requires the demonstration of cooperative teamwork, responsibility, initiative and innovation. You may interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* Thorough working knowledge and broad experience using C++, C#, MFC, STL, WPF, Windows .Net, and layered software systems using object-oriented design for the development of production level software tools and systems.
* Deep interoperability experience for C#/C++ with COM/ATL and/or CLI.
* Thorough working knowledge and experience with multi-threaded programming for Windows and .Net.
* Provide new designs and architectural requirements for real-time, non-real time, intuitive interactive software systems and to implement new modes of operation.
* Experience designing and coding large Windows based systems with low-latency real-time/non-real-time intuitive interactive software.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams. ADDED CONSIDERATION:
* Experience in real-time instrumentation control of Vision, motion control, digital signal processing and data acquisition systems used in metrology, physics, chemistry, or microbiology.
* Experience designing component-based software using architecture layering for systems programming.
* Domain knowledge of Atomic Force Microscopy and Optical Spectroscopy.
* Knowledge of image processing, convolutions, pattern recognition use, image filtering and segmentation, 3d with OpenGL or Direct3D, and MATLAB, LabVIEW, or Python to support algorithms and analysis systems development.
* Knowledge of mathematics, physics, digital signal processing theory and implementation, control systems, algorithm principles & design, electronics, materials & optics to create new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
* Experience in semiconductor or other equipment type manufacturing software applications.
* Experienced Scrum Master, use of Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
Position requires 8+ years of experience in software engineering and development. Qualified candidate should possess a minimum of BS (prefer MS or PhD) in Computer Science, or engineering, physics or a related field. Prefer at least 5 years experience in control systems, robotics, digital signal processing, or instrumentation software development. Requires at least 5 years and broad experience in C++ and C# programming in Windows application development environment. Knowledge or experience in metrology, physics, chemistry, or microbiology considered a plus. Should be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and exceptionally good at problem solving.
* Ability and willingness to work in class 1000 clean room with full gowning protocol.
* The ability to lift and move equipment up to 30 pounds.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Santa Barbara , Staff Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!