Senior Software Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: December 3, 2018
Want to work for a company where you can have a genuine impact, be passionate about what you do, and work with a great team of people? At FastSpring, we work hard while keeping a fun, collaborative, and casual atmosphere. Headquartered in downtown Santa Barbara, our offices are just a few minutes from great restaurants, shops and the beach. If you're highly driven and want to work at an exciting, fast-growing e-commerce and subscription management SaaS company, consider joining the FastSpring team. We offer a dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, equity, growth opportunities, benefits and more for the right candidate. Watch the video >
FastSpring is in search of a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team at its headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing technical solutions for product requirements, maintaining a robust software delivery process through automation, and building a scalable platform that services the store front, payment, digital fulfillment, and post-order needs of FastSpring clients worldwide.
- Lead design and development of product features to ensure a top-quality client experience in FastSprings production software
- Ensure a robust software delivery process through clear procedures as well as automated build, test, and deployment capabilities
- Reduce time to market by decomposing large feature requirements into small development tasks suitable for incremental releases
- Participate in code review with other team members
- Mentor junior members of the development team
- Manage software issues through tickets according to product development priorities
- Lead integrations with external platforms such as payment networks
- Work with other FastSpring team members to understand and incorporate business requirements into product solutions
- 7+ years of software development experience delivering commercial SaaS solutions using Java.
- 4+ years experience with SQL and NoSQL storage
- 3+ years experience implementing RESTful service-oriented architectures with public APIs
- 3+ years experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with LINUX; experience with containers is a plus
- Position is located in Santa Barbara
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About the Company
Founded in 2005 and with thousands of customers worldwide, FastSpring powers the digital economy with a cloud-based e-commerce & subscription management platform that helps software & SaaS companies monetize their products and services onlineworldwide. FastSpring provides an end-to-end payment processing, merchandising & fulfillment solution for companies that sell desktop software, SaaS, video games, e-books and other digital products.
FastSpring is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with FastSpring without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: FastSpring, Santa Barbara , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!