Sr. Software Engineer - WEB
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 30, 2018
Requisition ID: 41517 Title: Sr. Software Engineer - WEB - VIP Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Santa Barbara, CA
We are seeking a Senior Node.js Software Engineer who can help make the Virtual Implant Positioning software development a world class quality product. They will development rich experiences surgical planners by evaluating and championing new technologies and pushing industry best-practices in this high-visibility group. Virtual Implant Positioning development has a substantial impact on Arthrex overall and the focus of this position will be taking good code and making it great in addition to infrastructure modification. Our engineering team is working to improve arthroplasty surgery planning by improving and expanding our software to make a worldwide impact by Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better!
The ideal candidate would work in the Santa Barbara office; however, this is an opportunity for this person to work remote.
Main Objective: Responsible for full software development life cycle of Class I and II medical devices, which may include architectural design, interface design, analysis and simulation, prototyping, design assurance testing, development through production release, and product maintenance. Recognized as technical leader and resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop reliable, efficient and reusable software components for Linux targets.
- Lead teams to ensure robust, sustainable and scalable design approaches that meet design intent.
- Serve as a technical contributor and drive project deliverables through Agile methods.
- Design optimization through modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring software design/development SOP compliance including planning, verification, validation, and implementation.
- Coordination with in-house and contract developers in distributed development environment.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support design history file deliverables for assigned projects by adhering to design control procedures.
- Provide Regulatory department technical support for assigned projects as needed.
- Provide Marketing and Product Management with technical information for training and marketing.
- Support surgeon and distributor customers by training and/or educating on technical aspects of assigned products as needed.
- Report progress and status of assigned projects with emphasis on reporting results.
- Domestic travel may be required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum of 7 years of relevant product development experience required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong experience with system development lifecycle practices including translation of business requirements to system design document, source code version control, and maintenance required.
- Expert skills in debugging, troubleshooting, and system optimization required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) required.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, unit test frameworks, mocking and other test harness strategies preferred.
- Strong understanding of source code management, IDEs, and defect tracking systems.
- Experience with the following preferred: MongoDb; NoSQL DBs; AWS; Docker; Microservices; Bitbucket; and Git.
- Experience as a lead developer of a large scale multi-layer design preferred.
- Experience conducting and participating in Code Review sessions preferred.
- Experience with computer based medical tomography is preferred.
- Well-versed in unit test creation and working with continuous integration environments preferred.
- Agility in problem solving and troubleshooting and exceptional self-management skills required.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation; debugging; interfaces and tools; static code analysis; and network protocols.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Barbara
Nearest Secondary Market: Santa Maria
Developer, Engineer, Medical, Software Engineer, Product Development, Technology, Engineering, Healthcare, Research
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Sr. Software Engineer - WEB, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!