Senior Software Engineer
Company: Axia Technologies
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 10, 2018
COMPANY Axia Technologies is a high growth SaaS payment transaction and security technology company dedicated to the healthcare industry. As an emerging leader in this space, we specialize in developing top-tier technology for transactional and revenue cycle management. Our goal is to revolutionize transactions by providing integrated solutions that increase security and streamline workflow. Our core customer embraces secure and scalable technology that empowers growth. We delight them by providing trusted, secure, easy to use, and innovative technology that allows them to focus on their core business. Axia Technologies currently offers two specific proprietary solutions together with customized on-premise payment devices. Our core values of Gratitude, Servant Leadership, Stewardship, Fruitfulness, and Teamwork define who we are at Axia Technologies and represent ultimate objectives for our enterprise. We seek those who share these objectives and bring to Axia a passion for excellence in their professions. POSITION SUMMARY Axia Technologies seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join our software engineering team. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor to our dynamic growing organization and leverage your experience to solve high value problems for our software solutions and payment devices. The Senior Software Engineer reports directly to our Vice President of Engineering and works closely with the remote development team, product management and customer support. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deploy cloud software to the production environment.
- Work directly with our remote development group, product management team, and tech support team, in the development and support of our cloud-based products.
- Use modern infrastructure tools and platforms in collaboration with our quality assurance team to leverage our automated test systems.
- Take a long-term strategic approach to development taking into account the product roadmap.
- Own the entire lifecycle of our next big feature, from design through implementation to launch; take ownership and gain mastery of the product to create highly functioning code.
- Manage technical aspect of relationship with development contractors as applicable.
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes & compliance validation.
- Develop and maintain a highly available service on production scale. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related IT field.
- Five (5) years of experience in web-based software development/software engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services (EC2, Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch & RDS).
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS.
- Knowledge of network protocols, processes & threads & Linux (scripting & bash).
- Ability to read and optimize code for efficiency and to minimize defect density.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and excel within our development team.
- Strong technical aptitude with a desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Experience developing multiple technology platforms/solutions.
- Strong under-standing of multi-tenant software as a service architecture.
- Expertise with Agile software development methodologies. ADDITIONAL CANDIDATE PREFERENCES
- Payments industry experience.
- Experience with centralized logging services such as LogEntries, SumoLogic, Splunk.
- Experience with nginx configurations & tweaks.
- Experience with Heroku and Redis.
- Experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Graphite, Nagios, Zabbix.
- Experience with C, C++, Embedded & Distributed Systems. COMPENSATION, BENEFIT, & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits
- 401K plan with company matching
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Inclusive and collaborative culture
- Newly remodeled office with a fun and professional vibe
- Employee game room with shuffleboard table, corn hole, and ping pong
- Catered lunch every Wednesday
Keywords: Axia Technologies, Santa Barbara , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!