Front End Software Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 4, 2018
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio, our company values, and our engineering team check out our profile on The Muse and our Engineering Blog.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
We are hiring a responsible and passionate Front-end Software Engineer with excellent client side development skills to contribute to our early stage product development with a very small team of experienced people. We work collaboratively to develop easy-to-use and inviting solutions for potential customers. Our engineers find a deep satisfaction in building things that customers actually love.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for bridging the world of design and technology, building new software product for potential customers. We foster an environment that empowers small teams to collaboratively set the technical direction of our solutions.
- Develop scalable, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate algorithms and database queries to support SaaS scalability and stability.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Use test-driven development, code reviews and continuous integration to deliver high quality software, and rapidly fix bugs as they come up.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineering team members, QA, and product owners
- Leveraging agile practices in start-up mode, encourage collaboration, prioritization, and urgency to develop at a rapid pace
- Research, share, and recommend new technologies and trends
You know you're the right fit if...
- You love learning about new technologies, but understand the value of simplicity and priority.
- You care about the long-term maintainability of the codebase and will learn to advocate for refactoring and clean-ups where appropriate.
- You care about work life balance and want your company to care about it to; you'll put in the extra hour when needed but won't let it become a habit.
Additional Skills & Knowledge:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Hands-on work/intern experience developing web-based applications, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Creativity, ability to solve complex problems without a roadmap
Nice to have:
- Experience working across all levels of the development stack
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes: Scrum or Kanban
- Familiarity with Test-Driven-Development
If you are interested in creating exceptional SaaS products and being part of a successful public company, apply today!
No outside recruiter or agency submissions, please.Such submissions will be considered free to AppFolio.
Keywords: AppFolio, Santa Barbara , Front End Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!