Computer Repair Field Service Engineer - Break/Fix
Company: IT Resource Solutions.net, Inc.
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 10, 2018
Day to Day WorkRespond to technical service requests on enterprise-level servers, PC and laptop computers, storage sub-systems and drives, computer and telecommunications systems as well as networkingdevices at client locations in the Santa Barbara, CA area. Candidate must have hardware experience to support a variety of vendor server, mass storage, desktop, core legacy and networking devices. The candidate should also be knowledgeable on various Microsoft operating systems and desktop applications. The majority of assigned daily tasks are service events related to strategic partner accounts enterprise server, network storage appliances, network communications equipment etc.
- Requires a high level of expertise in PC operating systems i.e. Microsoft/Linux/Unix, networking software, anti-virus software, and all tier one manufacturer PC and printer products, OEM network devices, and document processing products. This role is also intended as the primary role for personnel providing complex deskside support.
- Provides call taking and site specific support (DTS and Legacy).
- Provides deskside support including software, hardware and networking support for desktops, laptops and servers.
- Prepare and present performance / incident reports to the Service Delivery Manager and to the customer.
- Performs installs, moves, adds and changes as required
- Tests and certifies PCs, networks, servers and client approved applications
- Provides advanced troubleshooting capabilities on software and hardware problems including DTS, legacy systems and interconnectivity problems.
- Installs and maintains enterprise servers, mainframe, high-end networking and complex product configurations, servers, telecommunications equipment, storage-subsystems and drives, high-end document processing equipment, peripherals and PCs.
- Takes responsibility for follow-up services or problem escalation.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
- Ensures customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.Technical and Behavioral Skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- Background investigation and drug screen required
- 4 or more years of experience in a field service support role supporting a variety of vendor server, mass storage, desktop, core legacy and networking devices
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance (required)
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair enterprise-level software and hardware issues
- Experience communicating with enterprise-level clients - excellent communication skills required.
- A+, Cisco, Dell and EMC certifications are highly desired
- Must be available for after-hours on-call rotation
- Must be available for varying shifts on a rotating basis. - provided by Dice 4 or more years of experience in a field service support role supporting a variety of vendor server, mass storage, desktop, core legacy and networking devices
Keywords: IT Resource Solutions.net, Inc., Santa Barbara , Computer Repair Field Service Engineer - Break/Fix, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!