Snr - DevOps Engineer - AWS / EKS/ Software
Company: Oliver James Associates Ltd.
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Senior DevOps Engineer - AWS / Kubernetes / Jenkins / Software
We are actively seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer preferably from a
software background who works directly with the Engineering
departments within Arthrex to provide engineering support to
development, maintenance and optimisation of the software
development environment and infrastructure, build, integration,
cybersecurity, and software development process. Excellent
communications and analytical skills, strong technical project
management skills will be essential for this position. The key
technologies you will work with are: AWS, Jenkins, EKS, Kubernetes
, SDLC and must have a strong exposure to software engineering and
problem solving. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development and management of web applications
infrastructure for multiple applications.
- Research, assess, and implement new technologies to improve
infrastructure and automation processes.
- Contribute to the development of automation systems for
continuous integration and deployment.
- Collaborates with developers to ensure that operations are
aligned with the design and development process.
- Monitors applications for abnormalities and proposes areas of
- Works closely with other teams including software quality
assurance and GIS security to ensure compliance.
- Remains current with ISO/FDA standards and internal quality
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 8 years of relevant experience including developing and
managing production systems required.
- Minimum of 8 years of contributing to entire software
development lifecycle required.
- Proven experience leading projects required.Skills
- Advanced knowledge of entire software development lifecycle as
a technical lead of projects.
- Leads team in the design and implementation of solutions to
problems posed by the software development team.
- Expertise with managing and implementing build pipelines.
- Expertise with administering and deploying both development
tools and production applications on Linux or Windows.
- Ensures best practices and documentation procedures are
- Proactively communicates ideas, results, recommendations, and
status effectively in oral and written forms to leadership.
- Expertise with provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure
using automated tools.
- Ability to create and maintain internal and external
documentation for both TechOps and other software development
- Reviews internal documentation for standard operating
- Coaches & mentors junior level engineers and contractors.
- May have direct reports.
- Keeps informed on emerging technologies and recommends process
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts,
practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices and
- Develops cross-functional solutions to a variety of complex
problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
Keywords: Oliver James Associates Ltd., Santa Barbara , Snr - DevOps Engineer - AWS / EKS/ Software, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!