Machinist/ Master Cam programmer
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: September 18, 2022
United States of America
CA602: Goleta (RVS) Bldg B01 6825 Cortona Drive Building B01,
Goleta, CA, 93117 USA
Job Description: Candidate will be responsible for general
machining execution in the manufacturing of IR Sensor Components,
Tooling, and Camera Platform hardware camera electronics for
Raytheon Vision Systems' (RVS) camera products. Candidate will work
within the RVS Factory organization, whose charter is to provide
synergy for emerging technologies disciplines to develop full
functioning prototypes. This position is for an individual
proficient in the operation of machine shop equipment (Conventional
and Computer Navigated).
The successful candidate will work well with others, be able to
effectively communicate in English with other operators,
management/supervision, process engineers and other support staff.
Rigorous attention to detail and the ability to read and follow
engineering / production paperwork and work instructions in English
is required. A self-motivated, self-disciplined individual is the
ideal candidate for this position. Ability to work with individuals
and teams outside the department will be required.
Most work will be performed during day shift (first shift), but
occasional overtime and weekend support may be required in order to
meet customer/program needs. The exact hours worked will be
negotiated with the employee and management to obtain an acceptable
work-life balance. This is a full-time (minimum 40 hours per week)
Due to the ITAR nature of the process, materials and technical
data, all candidates must be a U.S. person.
* Minimum of 6+ years' work experience in a position requiring
customer support, attention to detail and compliance with verbal
and written direction from management.
* Is a self-managed individual able to work well individually or in
a team environment
* 6+ years minimum experience setting up CNC equipment (lathes and
* 6+ years minimum experience setting up Manual equipment (lathes
and or mills)
* Blueprint reading skills
* Proficient using inspection tooling (i.e., micrometers, calipers,
gages) to accurately measure part features
* Is flexible and responsive to changing demands
* Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
* Possess basic computer skills
* Must have excellent knowledge of cutting tools speeds and feeds
and ability to determine the correct tool RPM and feed rates
* MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate
figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability
to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a
U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
* Technicians are required to communicate in English and be able to
understand written and verbal instructions in English.
* Technicians are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment
(safety glasses, coveralls (typically just a lab coat for the B8
activities), latex or equivalent gloves, etc.)
* The ability to use a computer to access work instructions,
perform data entry and complete on-line training is required.
* Knowledge of G codes
* Experience using Master CAM software
* Experience with GD&T and Six Sigma / process improvement
Required Education: A high school diploma or GED is required for
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Santa Barbara , Machinist/ Master Cam programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!