Software Project Lead (Embedded)
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Are you an experienced Software Lead looking for right
opportunity in Goleta?
The Electronic Warfare (EW) team in Goleta, Santa Barbara County is
pursuing top talent to join the team and support our vision to be
--One global team creating trusted, original solutions to make the
world a safer place--.
Our Software Engineering Development Center provides engineering
design processes, standards and test expertise to current programs,
along with new system technology development. Electronic Warfare is
part of Raytheon Intelligence & Space business which is a leading
provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare
systems giving military accurate and timely actionable information
for the network-centric battlefield.
We are seeking a Software Project Lead (Embedded) to provide
management and technical leadership for EW projects. Scope of the
- Positively influence program execution, work with other leaders
to help define future technical direction, and work with cutting
edge technologies in products that protect our warfighter.
- Provide technical and leadership expertise, typically from a
base experience as an individual contributor engineer followed by
growth into technical and team leadership positions for software or
multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Manage full software lifecycle, requirements development
through test, and be able to take on software development tasks as
needed; while utilizing industry norm Agile development
methodologies such as Scrum.
- Manage cost and schedule at the program level and translating
to and from a more detailed team plan.
- As a technical leader, collaborate effectively with other
program leaders and senior technical contributors, in addition to
producing planning and technical work products for internal and
- Lead and mentor diverse teams of Software professionals.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a technical engineering
- Experience in leading and motivating technical teams or
- Experience in the phases of the software lifecycle, including
software architecture, system/software requirements analysis,
design, implementation, verification testing, system integration,
and post-delivery maintenance.
- Experience with detailed program planning, scheduling and
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and Risk
& Opportunity Management
- Experience leading teams developing software in C, C++, Ada
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Current Secret Clearance is required
- US Citizenship is required
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) degree in Computer Science,
Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
or related field
- 8+ years-' experience in the Electronic Warfare or related
aerospace field, developing deliverable products or simulation
- Experience with embedded development and Real-Time Operating
Systems (RTOS) such as Wind River VxWorks or Green Hills (GH)
- Hands-on experience with software architecture or signal
- Experience with agile development methodologies, using Agile
Lifecycle Management tools like Jira, VersionOne, or Rational Team
Concert, and including role as a Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Basic knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D)
- Prior programming experience, preferably in C, C++ and/or
- Hands-on experience with SW Configuration Management and Peer
Some of the perks of working with us in Goleta, CA:
- You will work on products that protect US warfighters and our
- You will have an opportunity to work on variety of cutting edge
product families and technologies
- You will experience an inclusive work environment
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross
functional teams in other locations using best development
practices and tools
- Work-life balance
- You rarely will experience below 60F day temperatures in this
area. You will have quick access to beaches and mountains hiking
trails that offer plenty of outdoor activities
- You can receive discounts on your commuter fare if you live
outside of Goleta
#electronicwarfare173412Raytheon is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Santa Barbara , Software Project Lead (Embedded), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!