Sr. Software Engineer, Web Development (Front End)
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: October 14, 2020
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for
our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other.
As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all
styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while
fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered
to do to the best work of their lives.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos
online customer experience. You'll have a direct impact on the
business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You'll
be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to
best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. And
most importantly, you'll be ensuring that our web presence is as
robust and stable as it can be.
Apply your creativity and engineering skills to help build and
scale a global web experience showcasing Sonos products. You'll
make them beautiful wherever they live: desktop, mobile, or app.
You'll work across team and disciplinary boundaries, and you'll be
free to do what you do best.
Sonos is looking for a full-stack Senior Web Engineer to work with
our team to design and build cutting-edge experiences with a focus
on eCommerce, enabling music lovers everywhere to acquire our
products and services in new and exciting ways. Combine your love
of technology, music, and web design while pushing our web
properties to new heights!
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and scale web experiences built with proven
- Turn your in-depth knowledge of responsive and adaptive design
into fluid web-based experiences.
- Write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding
of web standards and best practices.
- Exercising your extremely strong technical aptitude while
staying updated on the current state of web technology.
- Communicating your solutions to both technical and
non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and mentor junior engineers, paying your knowledge
What You'll Need
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a senior web frontend engineering
- Experience implementing and using modern build tools (Webpack,
- Experience architecting frontend systems that interact with
cloud services and APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Akamai
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Articulate and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience with web performance optimization
- Strong development skills in a modern object-oriented language
like Java or C#, and a familiarity with a dynamic language,
- Experience with development on the Salesforce B2C Commerce
Cloud (Demandware) platform (ISML templates, B2C Commerce API,
- Experience implementing headless solutions (checkout,
- Experience with data query languages such as GraphQL
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , Sr. Software Engineer, Web Development (Front End), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!