Sr. Software Engineer, Web Development (Back End)
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: October 14, 2020
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for
our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other.
As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all
styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while
fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered
to do to the best work of their lives.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos
online customer experience. You'll have a direct impact on the
business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You'll
be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to
best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. And
most importantly, you'll be ensuring that our web presence is as
robust and stable as it can be.
Apply your creativity and engineering skills to help build and
scale a global web experience showcasing Sonos products. You'll
make them beautiful wherever they live: desktop, mobile, or app.
You'll work across team and disciplinary boundaries, and you'll be
free to do what you do best.
Sonos is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work within our
Web team to design and build cutting-edge experiences with a focus
on backend systems, enabling music lovers everywhere to acquire and
use our products and services in new and exciting ways. Combine
your love of technology, music, and system design while pushing our
web properties to new heights!
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and scale our web systems and
- Turn your in-depth knowledge of web architecture into stable
and robust backend solutions supporting our various customer
touchpoints (web, controller, smart speaker)
- Write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding
of web standards and best practices.
- Exercising your extremely strong technical aptitude while
staying updated on the current state of web technology.
- Communicating your solutions to both technical and
non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and mentor junior engineers, paying your knowledge
What You'll Need
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a senior web backend engineering role
using a modern object-oriented language like Java/C#, or
- Experience writing and implementing APIs
- Experience architecting backend systems that interact with
third-party APIs, eCommerce platforms, and finance platforms
- Experience with the use and configuration of cloud
infrastructure (e.g. AWS) and Content Delivery Networks (Akamai,
- Articulate and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience with development on the Salesforce platforms
(Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, Commerce Cloud)
- Experience with web performance optimization
- Experience implementing headless eCommerce solutions
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , Sr. Software Engineer, Web Development (Back End), IT / Software / Systems , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!