Company: Covenant Living Communities
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 19, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nation wide family
of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Housekeeper.
The purpose of this position is to provide campus services in areas
of cleaning and minor maintenance requests throughout the campus in
order to meet the needs of residents and employees, and to help
assure that facilities are in good condition.In this role, the
- Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following
established schedule and using departmental standards and infection
- Complete minor maintenance including light bulbs, plunge
toilets and change batteries as needed.
- Following the established schedule, perform cleaning tasks in
assigned areas inside and outside, in accordance with department
- Maintain all floors as appropriate, including sweeping, dry and
wet mopping, stripping, scrubbing, waxing, vacuuming, extraction,
hosting, and buffing as scheduled or assigned.
- Assist in cleaning emergency spills that are observed or
- Perform project cleaning as assigned, including, but not
limited to; walls, ceilings, vents, light fixtures, windows,
- Remove trash and/or recyclables from collection points, public
areas, and outside entrance areas, and transport to dumpster/trash
pick-up areas. Replace trash liners as needed.
- Deep clean rooms/units as needed at times of
transfer/discharges in accordance with department standards.
- Move furniture as needed. Assist in resident moves at time of
- Participate in campus linen program, including distributing,
collecting, counting and preparing for pick-up as well as handling
the in-coming linen.
- Participate in making beds in guest rooms or residences as
- Maintain cleaning equipment and repair, or report need of
repair, as appropriate.
- Observe and report the need for repairs to facilities,
furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Participate in receiving campus supplies, deliveries and
putting away as needed.
- Participate in campus snow and ice salting as needed.The ideal
candidate will have:
- Some high school education.
- Housekeeping and/or general maintenance experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbal and
written, with residents and staff.
- Dependability and common sense, and the ability to organize
daily cleaning schedule to finish each day's assignment. Ability to
follow written and verbal instructions and work within standard
policy and procedures, with limited direct supervision.
- An interest in and desire to work with older adults is
- May require availability on weekends.For full time employees,
we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Santa Barbara , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!