Company: Mar Monte Hotel, the Unbound Collection
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: March 18, 2020
Location: US-CA-Santa Barbara# of Openings: 2Category:
KitchenPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout
Mar Monte Hotel is your gateway to the American Riviera. Just
minutes from Santa Barbara's downtown, the hotel is located on
Cabrillo Boulevard, across from East Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
Across the road from East Beach along the Pacific Ocean, this
polished hotel with a 1930s Spanish Colonial vibe is 1 mile from
Stearns Wharf and 3 miles from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
Our employees enjoy two free meals a day, Hotel Discounts
throughout the World of Hyatt, various Bonus/Incentive and
Recognition Programs, plus - working alongside beautiful, ocean
front views. Apply today to join our team!
Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production,
preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe,
sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and
regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of
all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a
quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI
- Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas
of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the
associates while providing a safe work environment; interview,
hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel,
recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open
communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as
- Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen,
equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work
environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and
franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare
the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are
met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
* Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities
and related expenses.
* Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and
implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Two+ years of post high school education, culinary education is
- Five+ years of employment in a related position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge
required for management of people and/or complex problems and food
and beverage management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure
accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Mar Monte Hotel, the Unbound Collection, Santa Barbara , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!