Veterinary Technician, RVT
Company: Foothill Pet Hospital
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 29, 2019
- Assist veterinarians with routine patient appointments including TPR's, acupuncture procedures, laser treatments, patient restraint, perform bandage placement and wound care, IV catheter placement and IV fluid therapy monitoring, administer ozone treatments, oversee sedation and anesthesia, anesthesia monitoring, preparing surgery packs and assisting with surgery and dental procedures.
- Collect, prepare, and run laboratory samples for both in-house and offsite laboratories
- Perform digital X-rays.
- Learn to perform basic physical therapy exercises and maneuvers, including teaching owners how to perform a detailed PT plan as created and directed by veterinarians.
- Prepare appointment rooms prior to scheduled patient visits, including ensuring the proper stocking of all necessary supplies.
- Follow-through with client communications as directed by veterinarians. DESIRED SKILLS:
- Flexible Schedule
- Team Motivation
- Ability to be gentle with animal handling
- Strong Communication Skills
- Interest in Personal Growth and Learning New Skills
- Interest in Integrative Medicine
- Bandaging Wounds and Orthopedic Injuries
- SC, IM, IV Injections
- IV Catheter Placement and management
- Laboratory Skills
- Interest in Client Education
- Willingness to learn and having a good attitude is very important! COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
Healing Touch which is a sister hospital to the Santa Barbara facility specializes in integrative veterinary care for animal companions in order to optimize your animals' overall health, longevity, and quality of life. We offer internal medicine, surgery, acupuncture, IV fluid and specialty IV cancer therapies, ozone therapy, spinal manipulation, herbal medicine, homeopathy, physical rehabilitation therapy, behavioral counseling, nutritional consultations, preventative dentistry as well anesthetic dentistry, and are available for a limited number of house-calls. We are a unique style of practice focusing on individualized private care for your family of animals with educating the client as a foundation to our cooperative family-based healthcare system. We believe that the Healing Touch method of practicing the highest quality medicine available in a comfortable environment creates an experience unlike any other. We are expanding into the Santa Barbara area with a new office after a long house-call presence in the Santa Barbara area for the last 10 years. We very much look forward to hiring a few highly qualified new employees to join the existing team of employees to carry out our mission and to continue to grow with us. We are hiring for both locations.
Keywords: Foothill Pet Hospital, Santa Barbara , Veterinary Technician, RVT, Healthcare , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!