Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 28, 2018
Company Info: Employer Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. Employer is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:https://www.myworkday.com/vca/d/inst/1$9925/9925$27088.htmldEmployer Care Specialty and Emergency Animal Hospital--is a multi-doctor, 24-hour emergency/specialty practice in beautiful Santa Barbara, California.--is seeking a board certified or residency trained--Surgeon--to join our 24-hour emergency and specialty practice in beautiful Downtown Santa Barbara, California.------This is an exciting, ground-floor opportunity for a highly motivated Surgeon to not only live in paradise, but to create your dream practice. You'll be joining a team of like-minded specialists committed to delivering progressive veterinary care in our boutique hospital.Since its inception in 2002 as Santa Barbara's first specialty--and--emergency practice, Employer Care has always delivered the highest quality patient care with exceptional service. Our clients demand the best and to be successful you will need to be personable and work to create an atmosphere necessary for long term relationships. The local veterinary community is also crucial to the hospital's success, so thorough daily communication with our referral veterinarians is a must.--Inside our historical building (once home to a speakeasy!) is a 6,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility featuring 2 surgical suites, ultrasound, a tower for laparoscopy/arthroscopy and endoscopy, three oxygen cages and a dedicated oncology suite. Additionally, we have a large shared doctor's office that promotes team work amongst peers, but also allows for quiet time to perform administrative work. Our veterinary team includes a board eligible Internist, Criticalist, and Ophthalmologist, along with 4 Emergency doctors.As a member of the Employer family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.-- Among the reasons to consider joining Employer are:--------------
- Network of 3,800+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
- Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
- Robust Clinical Studies program.
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and Employer Charities.--------Employer Care adds value to your compensation package with the following:--------------
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential.
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance.
- Generous CE allowance.
- Opportunity to teach and mentor.
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Professional Liability coverage------------------------------Located just 2 hours northwest of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara is often referred to as the "American Riviera."---- And it's easy to see why: sun kissed beaches---beautiful wine country---world-class dining and shopping---perfect weather for the outdoor enthusiast---fun activities and night life---family oriented and a wide variety of cultural events.---- The people are friendly, highly educated, community-involved-and pet loving.---- Enjoy a great lifestyle along with the very best of the profession that you love!Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
Keywords: VCA, Santa Barbara , Surgeon, Healthcare , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!