Caregiver - Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Company: United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 16, 2018
US-CA-Santa BarbaraJob ID 2 Category Caregiver / Direct SupportType Regular Part-TimeShift VariableOverview
Would you like to work in a beautiful beach community helping to make someone's life better while getting paid? Are you looking for part time work and live in or near Santa Barbara? If you answered yes to these questions this might be the job for you.
Adults with developmental disabilities in Santa Barbara are in need of a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional (DSP) from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Monday and Wednesday and 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM on Tuesday. Direct Support Professional work specific assigned shifts, typically with one individual at a time, and provide personal assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities in the individual's own home and out in the community to enable individuals to live full and dignified lives.
Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is preferred. Must be a good listener, respectful, patient and open-minded. Must be dependable and reliable, and have a reliable source of transportation. Must have the ability to meet the physical demands of the job including assisting individuals with transfers and pushing wheelchairs.
Duties include the day-to-day support that people need to participate fully in life at home and in the community. Support may be provided in areas such as grooming and hygiene tasks, mobility, community outings, feeding, meal preparation, housekeeping, grocery shopping, laundry, etc.
- Assisting around the apartment, including some light housekeeping
- Assisting with personal care including preparing meals, feeding, grooming, dressing and toileting.
- Assisting with running errands in Carpinteria and Santa Barbara, including shopping and recreation.
- Going to medical appointments.
- Monitoring health and safety.
- Other tasks as required and assigned.
- Proficiency in English (reading, writing and communication skills).
- Interest in and concern for people.
- Ability to maintain adequate attendance.
- Commitment to assisting people with developmental disabilities to participate fully in the life of their community.
- Varied interests and personal connections in the local community.
- Proven record of conscientious, responsible behavior (work, volunteer or school history).
- Ability to work as part of a team. Positive, constructive.
- Ability to pass drug screening clearance and fingerprint clearance.
We offer competitive starting salaries, Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Referral Bonus Plan and Retirement Plan to Part-Time employees.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara , Caregiver - Direct Support Professional (DSP), Healthcare , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!