Caregiver - Direct Support Professional (DSP) CLS
Company: United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 16, 2018
US-CA-Santa BarbaraJob ID 2018-1527 Category Caregiver / Direct SupportType Temporary Full-TimeShift Morning (AM)Overview
Would you like to work in a beautiful beach community helping to make someone's life better while getting paid? Are you looking for temporary work and live in or near Santa Barbara? If you answered yes to these questions this might be the job for you.
Adults with developmental disabilities in Santa Barbara are in need of a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional (DSP) to work various shifts. DSPs will work a specifically assigned shift (Tues - Sat., 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM), typically with one individual at a time, and provide personal assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities in the individual's own home and out in the community to enable individuals to live full and dignified lives.
Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is preferred. Must be a good listener, respectful, patient and open-minded. Must be dependable and reliable, and have a reliable source of transportation. Must have the ability to meet the physical demands of the job including assisting individuals with transfers and pushing wheelchairs.
Duties include the day-to-day support that people need to participate fully in life at home and in the community. Support may be provided in areas such as grooming and hygiene tasks, mobility, community outings, feeding, meal preparation, housekeeping, grocery shopping, laundry, etc.
Tues - Sat, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. This is a temporary position.
- Assists people served in achieving personal, behavioral, educational, or vocational goals as identified in Individual Service Plan (ISP) and the Individual Program Plan (IPP)
- Assists people served to maintain their personal appearance, personal hygiene, and health at the highest possible level
- Assists people served with household duties and to maintain their residence in a clean, orderly, and safe condition
- Assists people served to access their community, including access to community venues for business, social, and recreational purposes
- Assists people served to monitor and maintain their health
- Assists people served with administration, attending medical appointments, following dietary guidelines, and following health-related protocols
- Ensures the safety and well-being of people served at home and in the community
- Communicates effectively with others
- Assists in preparation of incident reports as required
- Completes all required documentation: general logs, financial logs, medication administration records, and progress notes/flow charts as required
- Successfully accesses electronic communication, including electronic records for person(s) served, online payroll processes, and online schedules
- Attends required in-service trainings
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Sufficient reading, writing, comprehension, and communication skills in English to perform essential duties and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Ability to successfully pass all post-offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, lift, and transfer clients (with assistance of others and mechanical lift)
We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave Benefits, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara , Caregiver - Direct Support Professional (DSP) CLS, Healthcare , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!