Charge Nurse - Assisted Living - RN
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 20, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Making a difference in the
lives of others - that's what working at Covenant Living is all
about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and
every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From
improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind
for them and their families, our team members know that as a part
of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the
nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking
qualified candidates for Registered Nurses (RNs) to help in
fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for
our residents and their families by creating a better way of life.
Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part
of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a
supportive, faith-based community. Positions are available in
assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.This position to
ensure that quality care is delivered through assessment and
monitoring of staff performance, physician contact, care planning
and daily resident assessment. This position also provides direct
care to residents. All this is done according to nursing standards
of practice, standard procedures, and established State and Federal
regulations for RCFE facilities.In this role, the Registered Nurse
- Provide nursing care to residents in assisted living and
assisted living memory care in coordination with their physician
and according to needs.
- Provide routine daily direction and monitor the work of the
care attendants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing
care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to
staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional
conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate
staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician
and family members according to prescribed procedures.The ideal
candidate will have:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State.
- One year nursing experience necessary.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional
- Skill in assessing problems, planning and evaluating solutions
in relationship to routine supervision of nursing assistant and
- Understanding, patience and tact in dealing with people.
- Must be tactful and possess excellent communication skills
(written and verbal, English).
- Genuine compassion for senior adults and the disabled.
- Requires good human relation skills and the ability to monitor
and direct the activities of others.
- Availability when necessary to work beyond normal working hours
and in other related positions on a temporary basis; as well as
availability on weekends and holidays, or on days and shifts other
than those for which hired.For full time employees, we offer a
generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Santa Barbara , Charge Nurse - Assisted Living - RN, Healthcare , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!