Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Under direct supervision and within established scope of
practice, assists in the provision of direct patient care by
performing routine patient care procedures, technical & supportive
functions in a medical office or clinic setting.
- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of
Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by licensed
health care providers following established clinical protocols,
policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training
- Assists assigned physician(s) and/or other health care
- Performs routine clerical functions as assigned (i.e. making
appointments, chart management, telephone calls, etc).
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by physician
order and in accordance w/ KP guidelines.
- Assists medical personnel w/ procedures and/or diagnostic
- Applies principles of aseptic technique and infection control as
directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Establishes and maintains systems for patient test results and
- Provides basic information and assistance to patients under the
direction of licensed personnel.
- Documents pertinent patient information, nursing procedures and
patient responses, following established guidelines and maintaining
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations w/
members, staff and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as directed.Pay Grade: 24 - -Basic
Qualifications:Experience--- N/A.Education--- N/A.License,
Certification, Registration--- Valid BLS card. - -Additional
Requirements:--- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical
Assistant or completion of accredited Medical Assistant program.
-Preferred Qualifications:--- Minimum one (1) year of experience in
medical assisting within the last five (5) years preferred.---
Computer and typing skills. - - -Notes:
This is an on call position, days and
hours may varyJob Schedule: Job Category: Clinical Support, Medical
Keywords: Kaiser, Santa Barbara , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!