Registered Nurse, Blood Bank - entry level, $10K hiring bonus avail
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for
performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant
collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a
member of the team and in alignment with the values of the
organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma
Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced
eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Associate's degree required.
- RN license required.
- Valid in-state driver's license preferred.
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Vaccination Requirement: As an essential operation to the nation's
healthcare infrastructure and a science-based organization,
Vitalant believes that being vaccinated helps provide protection
and care for our employees, our donors, their families, and the
broader community. With this in mind, Vitalant requires employees
to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Individuals
applying for this position should be prepared to comply with the
COVID-19 vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly, will
need to be vaccinated as of the first date of employment unless
approved exemption exists prior to start.
*$10,000 hiring bonus to be paid in increments at 30 days, 90 days
and 12 months of employment*
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action
employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a medical condition or disability, please send
an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612
to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will
respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please
note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability
accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our
commitment to compliance:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of
employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test
in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Keywords: Vitalant, Santa Barbara , Registered Nurse, Blood Bank - entry level, $10K hiring bonus avail, Healthcare , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!