Medical Records Coordinator
Company: VNA Health
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: March 15, 2020
Job Description SummaryThe Medical Records Coordinator is
responsible for processing and maintaining accurate patient medical
records, ensuring timely orders processing, following HIPAA
protocols, and performing records-related duties such as filing,
indexing, and record audits. The Medical Records Coordinator
respects and promotes the Agency?s mission, values, and
vision.Essential Job DUTIES AND Responsibilities
- Perform all daily medical records functions, including chart
assembly, reports, audits, indexing, and orders processing in
accordance with Agency policies and department procedures.
- Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of Agency policies and
procedures to ensure medical records are maintained in compliance
with state, federal, and accreditation requirements.
- Submit documentation for physician signature, monitor status of
unsigned orders, and document follow-up efforts to obtain
- Deliver printed orders and other required documentation in
person to physician offices and other locations as required.
- Ensure authentication and credentialing of physicians is
completed prior to processing signed orders and other
- Process and submit additional patient documentation (i.e.
interdisciplinary team meeting notes, discharge/transfer summaries,
etc.) to appropriate parties within required deadlines.
- Complete administrative record audits following patient
admission and discharge to ensure all documents are complete.
- Identify, monitor, and ensure all patient documentation
deficiencies are resolved and corrected in order to maintain
integrity of the patient?s medical record.
- Fulfill authorized medical record requests, subpoenas, and
requests for additional documentation.
- Review, prepare, and archive discharged paper records.
- Actively participate in improving and implementing department
procedures in order to achieve more effective and streamlined
record information control.
- Perform clerical duties including sorting, filing, answering
phones, responding to emails, covering reception, photocopying,
scanning, and data entry in a courteous, friendly, and helpful
- Protect the confidentiality of patient and organization
information through effective controls of medical records.
- Participate in activities to control expenses such as ensuring
timely signature on orders, certifications, and other documentation
that delays billing.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned to
support department and Agency needs. The above statements are
intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The
incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than
those stated in this description.Position Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent experience.
- Licensed driver with insured automobile - in accordance with
state and/or organization requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and public relations
- Intermediate Word processing and PC skills, with ability to
navigate Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Information systems knowledge.
- Previous clerical experience desired.
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental
regulations andaccreditation standards desired.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility
and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.PHYSICAL
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and squat.
- Ability to walk up one flight of stairs.
- Ability to walk one mile.
- Ability to sit for one hour, minimum.
- Visual and audio acuity.STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE: VNA Health
Keywords: VNA Health, Santa Barbara , Medical Records Coordinator, Healthcare , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!