Company: Hyatt Santa Barbara
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-CA-Santa Barbara# of Openings: 1Category:
CateringPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: ExemptAbout
Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara is your gateway to the American
Riviera. Just minutes from Santa Barbara's downtown, the hotel is
located on Cabrillo Boulevard, across from East Beach and the
Pacific Ocean. Across the road from East Beach along the Pacific
Ocean, this polished hotel with a 1930s Spanish Colonial vibe is 1
mile from Stearns Wharf and 3 miles from the Santa Barbara Museum
Our employees enjoy two free meals a day, Hotel Discounts
throughout the World of Hyatt, various Bonus/Incentive and
Recognition Programs, plus - working alongside beautiful, ocean
front views. Apply today to join our team!
Manage catering accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to
solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are
achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new catering sales
accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing
accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in food, beverage and
room rental segments.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue
goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site
inspections and written communication.
- Understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget
process, as well as pace and productivity.
- Understanding of yield management skills and the use of
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to
maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer
- Participate in the research the competition's products,
services and pricing and use it to develop strategic business
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to
previous, current and potential clients, including room rental, A/V
and other revenue generation opportunities.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of
long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,
MPI). Actively participate in community/civic activities to
maintain awareness within community and to create booking
- Knowledge of sales techniques including closing skills as well
as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Some experience utilizing creative skills to provide innovative
set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate
creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on
pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event
execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a
plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation
of operations of catering events sold. Detailed execution of all
banquet event orders generated by the associate.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a
- Effective use and teaching of computers, specifically Delphi,
Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key hotel
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific
experience in catering sales is essential.
- 1+ year in catering sales required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management,
training, and motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels
within the market.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to,
use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Hyatt Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara , Catering Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!