Company: Kitchell Corporation
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Employee-owned Kitchell is seeking a Project Manager in Santa
Barbara CA to be responsible for the proper management and control
of the scope of services as defined in the project contract
documents in order to meet the goals and objectives of the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Directs, leads and is accountable for all phases of the
* Ensures project operations are executed in accordance with
company project management procedures and policies.
* Participates in preparation and negotiation of owner contracts
and ensures delivery and adherence to contractual requirements and
that all aspects of owner contracts are accomplished.
* Assists owner in the procurement of design professional and
consultant services and administers contracts.
* Prepares project budget, maintains cost control information,
identifies cost impacts and provides recommendations for cost
* Prepares master project schedule, ensures preparation of
construction schedule, assesses any delays and enforces schedule
* Manages and coordinates the design review process and
participates in value engineering sessions.
* Ensures contractor bid interest, organizes and directs pre-bid
conference, analyzes bid results and recommends bidder for contract
* Organizes and directs pre-construction conference.
* Oversees and evaluates preconstruction and construction progress
and team performance to ensure conformance with schedule, budget
and contractual requirements.
* Implements and maintains effective systems of communication
within and outside the project to ensure constructive relationships
and the adequate flow of information.
* Ensures preparation and distribution of construction observation
reports, progress status reports, schedules, pay applications and
cost control reports.
* Ensures implementation and maintenance of effective document
control mechanisms for the project including as builts, submittals
and requests for information.
* Estimates, negotiates, recommends and distributes change orders
to owner, design team and contractor.
* Manages pay application process to ensure accurate submissions
and timely transmittal of approved pay applications to owner for
* Manages project job costs in accordance with Kitchell budget,
updates forecasting schedule and processes billings to ensure
profit objectives are achieved.
* Oversees orderly project closeout efforts, organization of
project documentation and coordination of warranty work.
* Identifies and manages risk on the project, and advises and
confers with regional executive prior to implementing risk
* Supports and participates in business development and marketing
efforts including the preparation of proposals and presentations
for new work and active participation in the business
* Actively participates on internal teams that focus on continuous
improvement of the company.
* Ensures workplace health and safety policies and procedures are
clearly communicated and understood by direct reports and enforces
rules fairly and uniformly.
* Proactively manages the training and professional development of
* Facilitates and ensures the continuous and effective execution of
the performance management process for direct reports.
* Manages the staffing and compensation of direct reports in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in
architecture, engineering, construction management or related
* Minimum 5 years' progressive and position related work experience
in construction management, and at least 2 years related work
experience managing two or more employees required.
* LEED Professional Accreditation and/or Certified Construction
Manager (CCM) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction
management industry including current conditions and industry
* Effective computer skills including proficient use of Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software required, and project
management (P6) and scheduling database (Prolog) software
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the
advanced ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal
* Ability to provide leadership and financial management support to
a project team.
* Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results,
communication and building teamwork.
* Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty
and integrity, quality of work, customer satisfaction, people
development, profitability and managing change.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must
regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
* Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements,
hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric
conditions and cramped quarters.
* The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must
regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger,
feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally
climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
* Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and or move up to 50 pounds.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history
in general contracting, construction management, development,
facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad
other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee
owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California,
Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial
environment that fosters personal and professional growth through
in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and
cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee
engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for
enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility
through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the
top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and
outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k),
college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance,
discounted auto and homeowner's insurance, identity theft
protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in KITCHELL. Our records indicate that
you have already submitted an application for employment. Should
your prior experience match our business needs, you will be
contacted by a representative of our company.The goal of the
questions that you have just answered is to help determine if this
opportunity would be a good match for you and our company. At this
time your qualifications do not match any of our positions. Your
application will remain active for 30 days. Please do not reapply
during this time period, as your application will register in the
system as "Already Applied". Thank you for your interest in
employment with us.
Keywords: Kitchell Corporation, Santa Barbara , Project Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!