Senior Product Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to
revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and
compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management
and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is
a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100%
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business
is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and
a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our
profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness
- Give back to your team and your community
The Senior Product Manager works closely with the Engineering team
to communicate and present customer problems and help facilitate
discussions with customers.
This position will meet regularly with Sales, Marketing, and Client
Services to discuss upcoming releases and gather feedback on what
can be improved in the product.
The ideal candidate has an uncanny ability to listen and engage
prospects/customers, embraces new technologies, enjoys working in a
collaborative environment, and loves to solve problems.
What will you do?
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Own your product's success - all activities performed should
drive towards this goal
- Coordinate & lead customer interviews, both over the phone and
in-person, to deepen personal and organizational understanding of
our customers' needs and desires
- Work with sales, implementation, marketing, and support teams
to identify ways to make our products better
- Create and manage a backlog of features & enhancements to
achieve project goals as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Collaborate with teammates to craft elegant solutions to
customer and business problems
- Conduct agile methodology including planning, grooming,
- Understand and be able to articulate the overall product vision
- Keep up to date with market and technology trends and
Desired Skills & Experience
You will be a great fit in this group if you have:
- 6+ years experience with high-tech products and technologies
(preferably software as a service products)
- A strong technical background - Significant hands-on experience
building technology products is preferred. We are looking for
quality (not quantity) of experience
- A keen sense of business - the ability to understand market
trends and consumer requirements, build business cases to justify
your analysis, and design and prioritize features to fit the market
- Leadership - Proven experience leading cross-functional teams
in a fast-paced environment
Above all, we are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who are
passionate about building great products. If that sounds like you
but you lack in one or more of the areas above, still feel free to
drop us a line.
In addition to competitive pay, benefits & perks we offer...
- An intellectually stimulating, highly-collaborative, casual,
and friendly work environment.
- A smart team and an entrepreneurial culture - your
contributions will have a direct, visible impact on the
organization. You won't be just another face in the crowd.
No outside recruiter or agency submissions, please. Such
submissions will be considered free to AppFolio.
Keywords: AppFolio, Santa Barbara , Senior Product Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!