Principal Product Manager - Hardware
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: July 4, 2019
Listen better. Live better. Sonos is building a platform for the
Sonic Internet that elevates listening experiences to feel more
seamless, more immersive, and more relevant to the way we live.
The Sonos Product Management team is responsible for developing
strategy and creating new product experiences from concept to
launch (and beyond). Were looking for a Principal Product Manager
that will set vision and motivate teams to shape the future of
sound. In this role, you will be the advocate for a new family of
Sonos hardware products, developing innovative new experiences and
determining the right technical tradeoffs to meet customer and
This role is inherently collaborative; you will work with
marketing, design, and engineering teams, and interact with
colleagues throughout all levels of the company.
A successful candidate is enthusiastic, able to work effectively in
a rapidly changing organization, and adept at synthesizing a
variety of technologies into high quality product experiences that
- You are charismatic and convincing, people describe you as a
- You are personally motivated to deliver exceptional results,
driven by a strong work ethic.
- You are an advocate for the customer, brand, and product
- You are passionate about identifying, understanding, and
articulating customer needs.
- You are persistent, resilient, and a product champion.
How you work
- You know how to inspire. You ensure the company understands why
were building a product, and you deliver an effective and engaging
vision that motivates the entire organization.
- You believe that decisions should be grounded in a deep
understanding of the customer and market landscape. You use
quantitative and qualitative user insights, paired with business
expertise and strategic thinking, to deliver game changing
products. But even in the absence of perfect data, you can still
connect the dots and make good decisions.
- You believe deeply in innovation, creativity, and constant
learning. You test and refine product strategies, and have an
ability to interweave cutting-edge technology into customer
experiences and product roadmaps.
- You see value in diversity of thought and you actively seek out
the perspectives of other individuals outside your team. You
naturally build trusted relationships across all levels of the
organization, including teammates who are not in the same physical
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, but also know how to drive
clarity.* Develop the future vision and strategy for a new category
of Sonos products; build a roadmap/portfolio that supports the
- Manage delivery of near-term product introductions while
concurrently thinking about longer-term future product investments
and lifecycle refreshes.
- Partner deeply throughout the organization to influence and
build on the platform, while delivering our next set of hardware
- Maintain a deep understanding of the dynamic market landscape
supported by quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Define the functionality of new products - all the way from
high-level vision down to the detailed product specifications
through all stages of product development.
- Develop product positioning and have an integral role in
product pricing, feature sets, and launch timing.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer
experience, technical feasibility, and business
- Translate a complex set of possibilities (and technical
requirements) into simple, compelling value propositions for the
- Influence leadership and resolve organization-wide conflicts in
a positive manner by partnering with:
Product Management team to develop a shared platform and future
Hardware/Software Engineering teams to turn the product vision into
reality.Product Marketing, Go-To-Market and Operations teams to
introduce those products to market.* 10+ years of overall industry
experience in hardware and software consumer product
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management or similar role,
defining and leading the creation of new products.
- Track record of shipping multiple world class products, with
experience in audio, smart home, or mobile devices.
- Creative and/or Technical background, ideally with BA/BS in
Design or Engineering.
- Business expertise with MBA or equivalent practical real-world
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; you are an
expert storyteller and presenter able to engage executives, press
and industry partners using any medium (verbal, sketching,
whiteboard, block diagrams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc),
Sensitivity to international cultural differences, with experience
developing global products and working alongside colleagues
throughout the world.
- Proficiency using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
and develop business cases.
- Experience translating user research insights into actionable
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple,
conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and act
- Experience working in an innovative, fast-paced
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , Principal Product Manager - Hardware, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!