Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to
revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and
compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management
and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is
a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100%
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business
is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and
a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our
profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing product
positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation while
defining the target buyer segments for products and services in
partnership with Product Management and the Valued Added Services
Teams. This position constructs our go-to-market strategy and
product launch plans, and partners with marketing programs managers
to create targeted campaigns that drive awareness, preference,
purchase and adoption. Ultimately this role needs to have a
superior grasp of our software and customer, as well as a keen
understanding of our marketplace.
This individual reports to the Director, Marketing Strategy &
Programs, and will ensure efficiency and alignment across the
Marketing, Product and Value Added Services teams along the entire
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Drive execution of the go-to-market strategy by owning key
elements of the product launch process.
- Build communications strategy and compelling messaging to drive
awareness & consideration for products, as well as drive product
adoption among existing customers.
- Define target buyer and user segments for products and services
to drive marketing programs strategy and provide insights to
- Collaborate with the marketing programs managers to create
targeted campaigns that drive awareness, preference, purchase and
- Establish a rapport with individual Product Managers and be a
key stakeholder on our product Core Teams to uncover & understand
the details of a product release, and translate that information
into internal education, messaging documentation and readiness for
- Partner with Product, Value Added Services & Marketing to plan
and drive in-app communication and engagement offers within product
workflow and adoption initiatives.
- Provide visibility for the Marketing team on in-app marketing
initiatives and the product roadmap.
- Stay on top of industry trends by attending industry events,
monitoring competitors and partner activity, reviewing customer
feedback & reading industry trades regularly.
- Provide regular education for both internal and external
stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Measure and optimize the customer journey touchpoints in order
to drive product feature adoption and usage.
- Be an evangelist for the product within the company, helping
everyone understand key positioning and messages.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a competitive
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a SaaS-based company preferably in
Product Marketing or Product Management
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem solver with the ability
to lead and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational
- Proven experience in using data to make informed decisions
- Positive attitude and great sense of humor
Keywords: AppFolio, Santa Barbara , Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!