Software Product Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: February 3, 2019
Requisition ID: 41700 Title: Product Manager - Software Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: INC Santa Barbara, CA (ACT) (US17) MAIN OBJECTIVE:
- Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops new products in conjunction with Marketing, Engineering and Sales Management personnel.
- Manages day to day progress of product
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to product line
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to project team.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing and quality) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs market analysis, product strategy and research and development.
- Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors. Establish and maintain relationships with key surgeons.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Manages the development stage of the product life cycle.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
- Required Travel up to 30%.
- Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s degree required; A combination of both medical device/software sales and marketing/product management experience or clinical experience is essential.
- Five years experience in software based medical device or medical software marketing/product management and/or sales is required.
- Proven ability to travel for past positions preferred.
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Knowledge of medical device/software development, marketing, and sales.
- Knowledge of healthcare IT department practices and operations, including understanding of healthcare security and privacy policies and standards (e.g., HIPAA), general networking, IT hardware, etc.
- Ability to converse with and address technical concerns from healthcare IT professionals.
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are required. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- provided by Dice
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Software Product Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!