Manager General Manufacturing 1
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 15, 2023
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
An organization within Northrop Grumman's Payload and Ground
Systems (PGS) division, Spacecraft Components is a leading
designer, producer, and supplier of spacecraft components that
power and enable satellites of all classes. Products include
spacecraft panels, bus structures, precision optical structures,
deployable structural systems and mechanisms, solar arrays, and
antenna reflectors. Our products are on virtually every U.S.
satellite built in the last 20 years. Learn more about Spacecraft
Components at our website:
.Northrop Grumman Deployables Operating Unit is currently hiring
Metrology Manager 1 to join our team of qualified and diverse
individuals. This position will be located at the Goleta, CA
- Manage the Northrop Grumman Test Engineering calibrated tooling
- Manage test equipment rental pool, test, calibrate, maintain
and repair electronic measuring and test equipment (M&TE).
- Provide leadership and direction to the team, ensure sufficient
statement of work, and manage workloads effectively through:
- Quality, cost, scheduling, subcontracting, cycle time,
productivity and efficiency
- Manage employee performance and engagement including career
- Act as the first point of contact for technical issues with
- Will conduct activities such as:
- Customer interaction, IWO management, staffing, employee
development, establishing and implementing policy, program support,
increasing organizational competitiveness and ensuring adequate
laboratory technical capability
- Liaison with Engineering Asset Management Leadership and
- Participate in recruiting and hiring activities to support the
Metrology department Basic Qualifications:
- 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 3
years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 0 years of
relevant experience with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience
may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience managing people preferred Preferred requirements
- Experience with calibration/metrology/testing experience or
Test Equipment Asset Management
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in Metrology Systems based on industry
- Prefer individual to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments,
collaborative/team settings across all levels. " Salary Range:
$92,600 USD - $138,800 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Santa Barbara , Manager General Manufacturing 1, Executive , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...